Associate Product Manager - Plutus
Plutus – Product /
“Nearly 50% of banks do not upgrade old IT systems as soon as they should, and 43% of US banks still use COBOL, a programming language dating from 1959 ...and extra layers embedded on top of it are causing outage” - UK FCA in its annual report. In other words, banking systems are outdated and cannot be easily modernized. Fintech have responded enthusiastically to address this problem and in India alone there are over 2,000 fintechs and neo banks currently. Each of them is looking to provide value-added services through a tech-driven approach. However, in each case, the fintech or neo bank partners with a licensed bank for core services like savings or loan accounts which are delivered through the same legacy systems and hence are constrained themselves.
Plutus is a strategic partnership between Zeta and a top 3 Indian private sector bank with the mission to build a digital bank completely from scratch. Plutus will serve the bank’s 25 mn+ consumers and drive growth to double the base to 50 Mn+ in the next 5 years. To achieve this, we’ve reimagined banking completely from the ground up. Plutus uses Zeta’s Tachyon, a cloud-native, integrated modern core banking, processing and payments SaaS platform. Plutus is a digital led bank and payments offering initially targeted towards India’s gen X, Y, Z and millennial audiences. With a customer-first philosophy, fortnightly releases and a modern intuitive mobile app, we are building an experience that will revolutionize banking in India. Join us to re-define this age-old industry.
About the team
The Plutus core team is organized as a multi-functional lean team of A players from Product, Engineering, Marketing, Growth Hacking, Design and UX, supported by an exceptional Support and Operations team.
Scope of the role
The Product Management team for Plutus is responsible for conceptualizing, validating and launching digital banking products for Zeta’s banking customers. In doing so, the Product Manager will work closely with banks and fintechs to define, launch, grow and scale the usage of these products, which will be powered by Zeta’s technology infrastructure.
What is the job like?
- You will be responsible for an end to end Plutus product experience serving tens of millions of users. The first year of go live is expected to reach at least 3 Mn users with a 2X growth in the second year. Example experiences are payments experience, eCommerce experience, Onboarding experience, support experience, marketing experience etc.
- You will have complete responsibility for delivering the metrics for your product experiences. These metrics could cut across top of funnel, middle of funnel and/ or bottom of funnel depending on the overall product strategy.
- You will follow and apply product management principles, and processes both from your experience and as defined at Zeta. This is a unique opportunity to shape the product management practices for a large organization from scratch.
- You will be working closely with Plutus director of product, Tachyon product managers, Plutus account manager, customer support and operations teams to define, build and scale your line of product experiences.
- You will part of the early product core team of Plutus - an organization being built from scratch but already with a clear path contractually secured to acquire 20 million plus users.
Who should apply for this role?
- 2-3 yrs of total experience in an engineering and/or product role 1+ yrs of experience in shipping successful B2B / B2C products
- Strong new product design experience and a fanatical approach to customer experience.
- UI/ UX principle knowledge with deep customer focus by understanding customer behavior and analyzing data & real world experiences.
- Detailed orientation & very structured thinking, who can think of customers' full journey and experience.
- Hands on experience building products and/or features in payments and banking is preferred as it will help you cut down the learning curve
- Seamlessly juggle b/w roadmaps and execution and lead cross-functional teams
- Written code in your past life or understand engineering nuances very well
- High on ownership & teamwork and enjoys hustling
- Demonstrated ability of achievement in at least one of academic,professional and personal endeavors