Property Manager / Handyman
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Zeus - Flawless Stays.
Founded in November 2015 and based in San Francisco, California, Zeus is shaking up the $12b corporate housing industry through its unique strategy of leasing unfurnished, privately-owned homes and converting them into expertly appointed, full-service corporate housing units for today’s global professional. We're passionate about delivering world-class customer service and becoming the most trusted provider of corporate housing on Earth. With more than 350 homes in the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles and over 100,000 nights booked, we are well on our way to realizing our vision. Zeus has raised $14.1M in financing from Initialized Capital, Google Ventures, Bowery Capital, and Floodgate. The Zeus founders have all had previous exits and have worked in real estate and technology for over 10 years.
The Property Manager will work in Washington, DC with the City Operations team to help start our new market there by getting properties ready for resident move-in.
You will meet with owners to pick up keys, thoroughly inspect properties upon move in (and do occasional repairs), deliver furnishings and decor to properties throughout DC. Using our designer's templates, you'll be placing items throughout the interior of the property, providing feedback as needed. This role incorporates some heavy lifting, driving to properties (and occasionally to stores), and an eye for detail so the property is up to Zeus standard and ready for resident move-in.
This role will be compensated on an hourly basis and will start out at a few days a week but will be expanded based on performance & company needs. There is a one week training in San Francisco for this role. All accommodations during training will be taken care of by Zeus.
What You Will Do
- Project manage a property from inspection state, through staging, up to tenant move in.
- Communicate progress updates throughout the day to note any changes to on boarding schedule.
- Meet face to face with owners and guests alike to solve any issues.
- Conduct thorough inspections of properties and make judgement calls based on in person findings.
- Stage entire properties complete with everything from bed linens to cooking utensils.
What We Are Looking For
- Attention to detail is a must. Everything needs to be up to Zeus Standard.
- Ability to roll with the punches. Schedules have to change quickly and we need you to be able to move with them.
- Clear communication at all times. Updates help keep us on track. Regardless of whether things are going right or wrong, field ops team members, the warehouse team, and the city coordinators need to be on the same page.
- Must have reliable automobile transportation (preferably a large car or van) and a valid Driver’s License and insurance
- Flexibility with non-conventional hours (i.e. willing to work in the evenings and/or some weekends)
- Familiarity with home maintenance and handyman work (e.g. if you notice a problem when staging a property, you could help fix it) including the following -
- Change light bulbs, batteries, digital lock codes, smoke/CO detector batteries or install new detectors
- Touch up paint including light drywall patchingTighten/replace toilet seats
- Change toilet fill valves/ flappers
- Caulk bathroom fixtures
- Tighten/ reinstall towel bars
- Tighten water fixture handles/knobs
- Change furnace filtersChange fridge water filters
- Clear/reset garbage disposals
- Diagnose and correct local power failures (Flipped breakers/GFCI outlets)
- Copying keys
Please attach a resume with your email, and include a brief description of what you think goes into being a great stager and why you'd be a good fit for this job.
Zeus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
We do not accept calls from 3rd party recruiters.