Head of Data
San Francisco, California
Zeus - Flawless Stays.
Founded in November 2015 and based in San Francisco, California, Zeus is shaking up the $18b corporate housing industry through its unique strategy of leasing unfurnished, privately-owned homes and converting them into expertly appointed, full-service corporate housing units for today’s global professional. We're passionate about delivering world-class customer service and becoming the most trusted provider of corporate housing on Earth. With 700+ homes spanning the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Seattle (more cities coming soon), we are well on our way to realizing our vision. Zeus has raised $24M in financing from Initialized Capital, Google Ventures, Bowery Capital, and Floodgate. The Zeus founders have all had previous exits and have worked in real estate and technology for over 10 years.
You will head up our data team whose job is to measure performance and help make data-driven decisions throughout the company. The team is comprised of data scientists, business intelligence analysts, and data engineers.
You will be setting the foundation of a world-class data team in terms of technical choices, process, and culture. The data team will be growing so you will need to recruit, hire, and mentor other members of the team. You will work with other departments to understand their data needs, prioritize, and plan.
Data Team Responsibilities
- Build price prediction models for house rentals
- Build cost prediction models for home operations
- Build a dynamic pricing engine for home rentals
- Build data products for our website (e.g. recommended homes)
- Provide business intelligence to sales, operations, finance, and technology leaders across the company
- Own our BI platform (Looker). Organize, develop, and maintain it such that it's easily usable by all teams
- Take company KPIs and create the definitive way of measuring them. Be the source of truth
What We Are Looking For
- 10+ years of data science experience
- Experience in leading teams
- Ability to give direction to business intelligence analysts and data engineers and ensure collaboration across the team
- Ability to take business requirements and translate them into technical projects
- Ability to think strategically about the business and the impact that data can have
- An exceptional leader, manager, and recruiter for the team
- Experience with price prediction (bonus)
- Experience with real estate data (bonus)
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their dependents
- Parking, commuter pass, cell phone, and education or certification expense coverage
- 20 days paid time off per year
- 16 weeks parental leave for all employees
- Catered daily team lunches
- 401K with matching
Zeus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.