Director of Operations, New Homes
Remote/WFH (US Based) /
Home Onboarding /
Making it easy to live well — whenever, wherever
At Zeus Living, we believe housing shouldn’t constrain how, where, and when you want to live. At the center of everything we do are our people—our customers, partners, and the Zeus team. That’s what our founders knew when they started Zeus Living in 2015, setting out to make renting a home easier. The goal then—and now—is to create a new, modern mode of housing, making it easy to live well—reliably, safely, comfortably, even stylishly—wherever, whenever.
We’ve grown and learned a great deal since we started. Today we’re a hardworking team of creators, problem-solvers, and strategists committed to our vision and values. Based in San Francisco and backed by Airbnb, Comcast, Bowery, and Initialized Capital, we’ve raised $125M in funding.
We are looking for a process-oriented, enthusiastic people-leader to run New Home Operations for Zeus.
The New Home Operations team is responsible for home onboarding - transforming empty properties into stylish, functional, and warm Zeus homes. They manage the entire process, from the initial property inspection, to furniture staging, to collecting all of the homes’ details for our residents.
The Director of Operations, New Homes will manage the entire Home Onboarding process, developing growth strategies and designing and implementing efficient processes. This leader will manage a team of project managers and home stagers, in addition to several key third party partnerships. They will collaborate with other Operations leaders, including the department heads for Warehouse Operations and Procurement, to achieve Zeus’ growth goals.
The success of the New Home Operations team is measured by several KPIs, including the volume, speed, and efficiency of new home onboarding. A successful Director is process-oriented, analytical, and a proven people-leader.
What You’ll Do
- Design new and iterate on existing processes for home onboarding, building an efficient and repeatable playbook for this team
- Utilize technology to improve speed-to-market for new Zeus homes
- Manage a dispersed team of project managers and home stagers, ensuring all team members are supported and engaged
- Identify Key Performance Indicators for the team and implement regular measurement
- Utilize available data to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Determine optimal team structure and roles to achieve team goals
- Collaborate with other Operations leaders to build an efficient supply chain from product procurement to first resident lease
What You Bring
- Wild process-orientation, with an intuitive ability to design efficient systems and processes
- Comfort with ambiguity; able to create structure to solve multi-layered, complex problems
- A track record of developing and mentoring talented, motivated, and hard working teams in both a field and office setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage their team through change while also advocating for resources from peers and senior leadership
- Deep analytical ability, with a knack for making data-driven decisions to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Comfort in a rigorous, face-paced environment
- Positivity, optimism, and empathy
- Zeus subscribes to the philosophy of total rewards, ensuring that our people are taken care of and supported holistically.
- Competitive base salary, plus a chance to own a part of the business via stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) with a company match (100% of the first 3% you contribute, and 50% of the next 2%)
- 20 paid days off per year. After 2 years with the company, you’ll receive 30 days per year
- And many more...ask us about all of this on your first chat with the Talent team
If you are hired in the US, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
At Zeus Living, We Are:
Transparent: honest, authentic, communication, access to info, hard truths
Humble: self-aware, ask for & accept help, inclusive, collaborative, respectful, thankful
Iterative: speedy, willing to break things, growth-minded, creative, process-driven
Human-centric: above & beyond service, surprise & delight, make things right
At Zeus Living, we believe that bringing together people who have different worldviews, personal circumstances, and experiences improves our customer service, work, environment, and one another. Diverse strengths, abilities, interests, and perspectives power the flow of innovation and creativity, which is vital to our success. We encourage people from all walks of life—all backgrounds, identities, genders, ages, races, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses—to apply.
Zeus Living is an equal opportunity employer and we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
You can find more about what we offer here!