SVP, Engineering - Cybersecurity
United States (Remote)
Zimperium® is an industry leader in enterprise mobile security, being the first and only company to provide a complete mobile threat defense system that offers real-time, on device world-class protection against both known and unknown next generation of advanced mobile cyberattacks and malware.
Our MTD and award-winning machine learning-based engine protects against device, network, phishing and application attacks for IOS, Android and Windows devices, using a non-intrusive approach to always protect privacy of users.
Location: US-based (Central Time Zone or East Coast preferred)
As part of our fast-growing pace, we are currently looking for a SVP, Engineering to join our leadership team reporting to the CEO. This role will be responsible for both strategic direction and tactical operations to ensure we are building a best-in-class, scalable, and secure solution for our customers through a team culture of engineering excellence.
This role will partner with our CTO and Head of Product Management to deliver solutions that meet the needs of the market; will nurture and grow multiple, geographically dispersed engineering teams; manage priorities and projects, and set the architectural vision for the company based upon business objectives, product vision and roadmap.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, inspire, motivate and energize global software engineering teams, leading innovative, market-responsive and competitive product development.
- Strategically guide the implementation of Zimperium’s vision, design and strategy with high influence across all areas of the business, partnering and collaborating closely with leadership, Product, Customer Success, Sales, and Product Marketing teams.
- Provide expertise and insight on engineering best practices, development operations, multi-cloud architectures, security by design and default, project management, team development, and quality.
- Partner with Product Management and Product Marketing to ensure engineering's vision for success is aligned with product messaging, releases, and strategy.
- Define the vision of success for the engineering organization to achieve Zimperium's strategic goals.
- Establish a world class culture, continuous improvement, innovation, accountability, efficiency with a relentless focus on delivering excellence to our customers.
- Work with the CISO and security response team to ensure best practices in engineering.
- Formulate and execute process and organizational improvement direction and programs which enhance overall effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the executive leadership team on strategic decision-making.
- Be committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive engineering team.
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years leading development teams of 100+ engineers across multiple teams, geographies and solutions.
- 15+ years of experience building large-scale enterprise software applications, cybersecurity experience highly preferred.
- Successful in building inspired engineering teams that are geographically distributed, building and running high-performance modern web apps, mobile apps, and microservices.
- Experience scaling engineering teams and hiring strong engineers.
- Deep understanding of modern cloud development, services-based architectures, CI / CD, monitoring and testing.
- Experience building a high-velocity, metrics-driven engineering organization that is closely aligned with business goals.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field required and master’s degree preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with detail orientated execution.
- Experience working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment with ability to adapt quickly to change.
Zimperium is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.