Senior Android Engineer
We use desks, computers, and email to get things done at work, but 75% of the world doesn’t. Most people work outside offices, and they rely on outdated tools like SMS trees and walkie-talkies. Zinc brings them a better communication experience and a better working day.
We’re looking for a Senior Android Engineer at Zinc. Many of the people we want to reach use Android devices, and we want to give them an experience that feels natural to them, not simply cut-and-pasted. You’ll get to make fundamental decisions that will shape this app for years to come.
- Designing, deploying and supporting Zinc mobile apps, including making and implementing core architectural decisions at the networking, data persistence, authorization, and user-interface levels
- Apply low-level programming and design optimization techniques for resource-constrained devices
- Utilize security-first approach to app architecture and client and server communication
- Use a package management system to manage both open-source and in-house modules
- Use testing frameworks build unit and integration tests around production deliverables
- Use crash-reporting systems such as Crashlytics to log and fix production bugs
We have a friendly, welcoming environment and a team that cares about diversity and inclusion. We’re funded, which means we can offer competitive salaries and benefits, quality gear, and catered lunches among many other awesome perks. We’re also still small and growing, so there’s opportunity to grow with us.