Senior Back End Engineer
United States /
Zingtree is the leading no-code, interactive decision tree platform that simplifies complex processes into clear actions. Beloved by customers like Ring, Hilton, and Getty Images, our mission is to help enterprises deliver outstanding customer service by making it easier to identify and solve customer issues more efficiently.
The engineering team is looking for the right kind of engineer to design and build our next-generation decision tree tool. You’ll need to be passionate about good software engineering, and have a love for well-crafted APIs and efficient database queries. You’ll love building our great engineering culture, and you can speak with honesty and candor when it helps the team work better.
What You’ll Do
- Architect and build the back-end of our interactive, real-time SAAS authoring tool
- Code our servers in modern PHP -- Laravel is our preferred framework
- Cross-collaborate with front-end engineers, product managers, designers and QA in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests
- Contribute to the overall product, design, & engineering culture within the company
- These responsibilities are just the start of what you’ll be a part of at Zingtree! We encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly
- Have at least 4 years of designing and building commercial-scale SAAS services
- Understand well-known website coding design patterns
- Know SQL well and can write complex but efficient statements
- Have a high attention to detail, and love clean, straightforward code
- Are comfortable with ambiguity, and can scope solutions with your teammates
- Value testing and documentation as much as coding
- Communicate clearly in writing, code and speech.
- Care fanatically about company culture, as we do.
- Having said all this, we’re also prone to imposter syndrome, so even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still consider applying. Seriously.
What We Offer
- We empower you to make decisions and support your success, so you feel like an owner and a critical part of building this company.
- We treat you with integrity and communicate with you in a direct and caring way, so you know what is expected of you and there are no big surprises.
- You deliver, we deliver! When you exceed your goals, we go above and beyond to recognize you for your exceptional work. We also work with you, while being fully transparent, if you're not meeting expectations.
- We offer you opportunities to grow your expertise, build your industry knowledge, become a thought leader, and more, to support your professional growth and future career path.
Zingtree is always looking for people who share our values of creating value, radical candor, empowering others, acting with integrity, and being reliable. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.