Senior FullStack Engineer, New Markets
Technology – Engineering /
ALL ABOUT US...
Zip-QuadPay is a high-growth FinTech, founded in Australia and expanding worldwide, with the purpose to give people the freedom to own it. We use technology and data to bring customers and partners together through a valued and fair payments experience.
Our strategic focus is underpinned by an aligned high-performance teams, reliable, secure and scalable platforms, constantly-improving product experiences and a trusted consumer brand.
Zip is growing rapidly and globally; and our mission is to enable our consumers to choose Zip as their first payment choice, everywhere and every day. Great opportunity to expand your experience across North America, South America, Canada, UK and APAC.
We’ve built an amazing culture at Zip, our teams are proud to work hard to provide innovative solutions to our customers and partners. Our standards are central to everything we do: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together, and Raise the Bar.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The purpose of the Full Stack Engineer role is to develop and deploy high quality software, as part of your squad. You will also contribute to (and sometimes lead) architectural and design discussions, guide and coach less experienced engineers, and contribute to the growth of and learning within Zip’s Engineering team.
Reporting to Lead Engineer, New Markets, you will also work closely with your DevOps and Plugin Engineer peers.
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Perform effective code reviews
- Lead the development of high quality software used by our merchants and customers
- Manage a backlog of features, bugs and technical debt and effectively manage priority
- Help support the diagnosis of production issues when they happen
- Contribute to exceptional externally facing developer documentation (think Stripe)
- Contribute to exceptional integration guides with instructions and screenshots for enabling Zip in common ecommerce platforms
- Explore new technologies and share your findings with the wider engineering teams
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Work in a team with a "customer first" and “team first” mentality
- Identify and remediate pain points in the application lifecycle
- Recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve performance and reliability
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Expert knowledge of Software Development with expertise in .Net Framework, .Net Core and Entity Framework Core
- Expert knowledge building applications in ReactJS / NextJS written in TypeScript
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud platform (AKS, CosmosDB, ServiceBus, AppServices)
- Strong relational database knowledge / SQL
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, while managing competing priorities
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with test-first approach / TDD
- Experience in NodeJS, VueJS or AngularJS written in Typescript
- Experience with AWS (EKS, ECS, DynamoDB, RDS, ALB, S3, CF)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code such as Terraform, CFT
- Prior experience building applications on EventStore
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Lots of social events
- Free weekly lunches
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.