Product Manager, NZ
North Shore City, Auckland /
Technology – Delivery /
We are Zip, a high-growth tech unicorn building products that millions of consumers use to manage their spending, and that process billions of dollars in payments annually for our merchant partners.
Headquartered in Sydney and with bases in Auckland, London and New York, we have ambitious goals to revolutionize the consumer payments experience, and to improve our customers’ lives by giving them freedom to better control their finances.
Central to this goal is our Product team, who obsess about our customer needs and wants, dive deep into the data to hypothesize, validate, develop and test ideas, then work side-by-side with our Engineering team to rapidly build and launch game-changing products and features.
We strive to create amazing products that customers love, in an environment that facilitates psychological safety and productive conflict, and which enables people to do the best work of their lives.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for a Product Manager who can take a product idea from inception to delivery, crafting exceptional user stories and working with a high-caliber engineering team to build and deploy to production.
You might have experience as a product owner or delivery manager, but you’ll be most interested in shipping amazing software quickly, and using modern agile software development approaches to make a complex process as seamless as possible.
Our New Zealand team operates remotely, so you’ll need the communication and influencing skills to drive delivery without constant face-time. Proven experience in a startup or rapidly-scaling environment is critical.
What your working week will look like at Zip:
- Writing user stories to keep hungry developers fed
- Rapidly taking payments products from idea, through build, to delivery
- Shipping features into production with speed and accuracy
- Problem-solving delivery issues alongside an amazing engineering team
- Ensuring quality code that solves the right customer problem
- Work closely with engineers to solve crucial problems for our partners
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- Significant experience as a product manager, product owner or delivery manager within startup or scale-up technology companies
- Strong knowledge of agile, scrum, kanban processes and rituals, combined with a flexible approach - using the best tool for the job
- Ability to consistently translate customer and partner requirements into accurate user stories
- Experience of and desire to work closely with a remote (or offshore) team of engineers and drive outcomes
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Confidence in your own abilities, yet humble enough to admit when you’re wrong
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to move with a sense of urgency, sensitivity to give people space to offer suggestions
- A love of autonomy as well as close team-working
Bonus points for:
- Payments industry experience
- Credit industry experience
- Experience working with global teams
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Regular team lunches
- Free coffee, always
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.