New York, NY /
Data – Insights & Analytics /
Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 13 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
What You'll Do:
- We’re looking for data fanatics to join the A Team of engineers and analysts that are responsible for building Quadpay’s data platforms. We need people who understand data at a granular level – they don’t rely on any one tool but rather understand them all, and each of their pros and cons. This is a unique opportunity to build the data strategy and architecture at a data driven startup that’s changing the world of finance, shoulder to shoulder with a tight team that has your back.
What You Should Have:
- You’re a culture add: You believe and want to participate in a blameless culture which focuses on process and technology. You don’t sleep well at night when you leave work with a question unanswered You feel accountable for everything you do and that sense of urgency has been driving you your entire life You like to have a good time while getting things done When we say a “team player” we mean it - you have a crisp high-five and funny stories to tell You have your team’s back. And the team has yours. You love learning new things: You know that there’s always more to learn, and it bothers you that there isn’t enough time in the day to learn about the next topic. You’re up-to-date on new trends in data – you know who’s using what to solve various problems and are excited for the next release of your favorite tool If you can handle being thrown in the deep end of the pool, this team’s for you. You enjoy solving big picture problems: Proactively identify reports, dashboards, and analysis needed by the business. Partner with Product & Engineering teams to strategize and drive user growth. You thrive in uncertainty: You’re comfortable in the weeds pulling, cleaning, analyzing, and transforming raw data into insightful, viz-ual findings. You conduct the necessary research when presented with open ended questions. You seek answers in data: You are comfortable analyzing millions of transactional data points. You use data to drive decision making and make recommendations on how to best grow the business. Work closely with leadership to identify, measure, and grow major KPI’s across business lines. You dream about analytics: You excitedly seek opportunities to leverage Power BI/Tableau. Advanced SQL is in your toolkit to solve complex business problems. You know modeling techniques and love to partner with Data Engineers.
Nice To Have:
- Sense of humor is hugely preferred Finance industry /Credit / Risk experience is helpful An interesting life story/a cool hobby/a diverse background has proven to bring more to the table in terms of perspective, what's yours?
It's tough to get into our team, we believe culture eats strategy for breakfast and we're working hard to find our next family member. If you've been looking for us, now's the time to reach out.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote working allowance
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.