Senior Software Engineer - Accounts
Technology – Engineering /
Who is Zip?
People at the ASX call us a 'unicorn fintech startup'.
More than 2.1 million Australian shoppers call us ‘an awesome way to make payments’.
Over 23,000 retailers call us ‘a fantastic partner’.
We’d like you to call us ‘the best place you’ve ever worked’.
At Zip, we’re about improving people’s lives by giving them freedom to better control their everyday finances. And we want to give you the freedom to put fresh ideas forward, to be heard, and to be valued.
We move fast, but try not to break things (at least in production!), and we value integrity, accountability and a ‘can-do’ approach.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Engineer who not only loves to code but can contribute to architectural discussions and be a collaborative member of one of our engineering squads - the Accounts Team.
As an Engineer in the Accounts Team you will be somebody who thrives in a fast paced, agile environment and enjoys working with the latest technologies and tools in the market. You will be somebody who is passionate about building the best products in market and growing the success of a global startup. This role will suit somebody who is always curious and always learning and not afraid to own their solutions.
What your day will look like at Zip:
- Write code that is clean, highly maintainable and well tested
- Perform effective code reviews in both front and back end technologies
- Contribute and sometimes lead solution architecture sessions
- Improve the codebase, and make suggestions on where we can improve further
- Collaborate with engineers, tech lead, and product manager to build great products from start to finish
- Help and support when production issues happen with products your team owns
- Explore new technologies and share your findings with the engineering team
- Contribute to continuous improvement and innovation
- Work in a team with a “team first” mentality help coach and mentor other engineers
You will thrive in this role if you have:
- About 5+ years' experience as a software engineer in an agile environment
- Experience building complex applications
- A passion for building products people love and collaborating with your teammates
- .Net Framework
- .Net Core
- SQL Server
- RDBMS (SQL Server, PostGres)
- Shell Scripts
Experience with the following technologies:
Bonus points if you have:
- Batch processing experience
- A test-first approach
- Experience in payments, financial services or accounts/accounting
- Experience with Scala
Other perks of being a Zipster:
- Our share program, so you can own part of the company you work at
- A Zip Pay account with no fees and no interest, ever
- Fun team building experiences
- Free breakfast, fruit, coffee and soft drinks
- Free lunches every Thursday
- Heaps of social events, plus Friday drinks.
We value diversity highly - different cultures, perspectives and points-of-view are part of what make us who we are!