Data Analyst, Customer Analytics
Data & Risk – Analytics & Data Science /
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere. We’re also the brains behind Pocketbook, which helps almost a million Aussies take control of their money and improve their financial well-being.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
Central to our goal is our Analytics and Data Science function, who build the models that underpin our products, provide the insights that shape our plans, and run the experiments that move our business forward.
We're looking for somebody with an analytical mind and a passion for thinking outside the box to solve real world problems at Zip. This role is perfect for somebody with a knack for crunching code, analysing campaign effectiveness, and working with a broad range of stakeholders to formulate hypotheses across a range of digital marketing channels including eDM, Mobile and Web. The new Zipster in this role will be responsible for supporting the implementation of new data science capabilities to deliver highly personalised experiences for customers in a multi-channel environment.
What you will own:
- Working with our complex and large volume of data to understand trends, behaviors and opportunities for revenue growth.
- Collaborating with senior stakeholders on all aspects of marketing campaigns such as articulating and defining hypotheses, setting up success measures, and interpreting business outcomes.
- Conducting pre and post implementation reviews and presenting compelling campaign results and actionable insights using Tableau.
- Promoting a high standard of campaign and customer analytics within Marketing to drive successful program outcomes using data led insights.
- Collaborating with the broader Data & Risk Team to share ideas and discuss analytical approaches in the interests of promoting continual development.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in campaign and customer analytics.
- Strong understanding of ‘test & learn’ methodologies (E.g. control groups, statistical significance etc.)
- Advanced SQL Server skills for performing complex queries and data manipulation.
- Experience developing reports and/or dashboards using Tableau (or Power BI)
- Exposure to/willingness to learn about marketing automation applications (E.g. Braze/Salesforce/Adobe Marketing Cloud).
- Ability to communicate insights with senior stakeholders and team members.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a B-C product organisaion.
- Exposure to analytical scripting languages such as Python and R.
- Understanding of media/marketing attribution methodologies to inform investment decisions
- Experience in developing next-best-offer/next-best-action recommendation systems
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.