Ruby on Rails Engineer
Melbourne, Australia /
Engineering – Ruby on Rails team /
Fully Remote - Full Time
If you love start-ups, are an avid learner and are keen to go on a rapid growth journey - read on!
About the role:
Zipline helps organisations automate, track and improve the experience of people coming in and out of their places. This is a super important challenge to solve given the changing restrictions through a pandemic and will continue thereafter (We think of this as the ‘On Demand Office’ - e.g. “next week I want to come in Thurs and Friday and will need a dual monitor)
Top five things ‘why Zipline’:
- We empower people to decide how to hit their results & make an impact
- Genuinely awesome team & culture. We promise no games, no politics
- We’re a ‘fast 100’ company, growing quickly - so there are loads of opportunities!
- As lockdowns end, you can decide on your ideal mix of work from home &/or our office
- Great perks; new Macbook, generous health+wellness budget to use how you wish, paid for performance coaching, kindle/audible with 300+books pre-loaded etc. etc.
A bit more us:
- Zipline is all about helping companies improve their customer experience and automate their in-person visitor and staff compliance requirements.
- We work with great organisations like Adidas, 7Eleven, Coles as well as leading Aged Care and HealthCare organisations such as St Vincents, Regis & Estia.
- We’ve grown from about 20 to 60 people in the last 12months and would love to explore having you join us for our next chapter as we continue scaling.
- This is a high-impact role, with engineering involved in both design and delivery of solving our customer problems.
- You’ll be working on a brand new app with a fresh new team, keeping it simple with a Rails app serving up pages to a thin client. Test-driven development is the norm here, as is high-quality, lightweight OO code.
The team is led by:
- Head of Engineering: James Dowling https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-dowling-53687a132/
- Supported by Principal Engineer - Nicholas Bruning https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasbruning/
- We’re looking for Rubyists who think in terms of outcomes (not outputs), solve customer problems with a simple and flexible approach and deeply care about users.
- You will ideally have B2B SaaS Startup experience - or have been part of an end to end product<>business cycle.
- Strong product thinking mindset (orientated for customer outcomes) and ready to live our values with us!
- Possess skills in TDD, OO, S.O.L.I.D. and be willing to dive into JS when necessary.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Become a shareholder! We will offer you a stake in our success (via employee share options)
- We’re a customer-focused, software product company run with humility and transparency
- We are a modern “remote first” company - so we seamlessly mix WFH and offices as we have people across Australia, Singapore, Bali and the Philippines.
- If you’re in a major city, we offer a gorgeous working space to complement your home set-up.
- New Macbook (or Surface), Kindle & Audible account with over 300+ books
- Generous Health & Wellness budget, 6+ paid for psychologist/workplace performance coaching sessions per year
Our promises to you
- We believe in creating an environment where you are doing meaningful work, building meaningful relationships, and having fun.
- You’re empowered to solve problems and will be given the right tools and culture to get it done
- You will always know where you stand with management - no games or politics here
- We want you to always be learning and growing – so will support you in that journey
- Encourage you to speak up, both about what's great and what's not
- We will celebrate your hard work and key milestones Input into the product roadmap - everyone has the ability to influence this
- A purpose-driven organisation with a vibrant and positive culture