Melbourne, Australia /
Product – Design /
Currently WFH, Melbourne Based - Full Time
If you love start-ups and are keen to go on a rapid growth journey - read on!
About the role
Your work will mostly revolve around the design of the next generation of the Zipline product. This includes In-person and digital experiences that facilitate and drive awesome human interactions between our customers and their end-users.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to translate strategy into great experiences. You'll be working with talented designers, engineers and product managers while engaging internal stakeholders and customers to make this happen.
Top five things ‘why Zipline’:
- We empower people to decide how to hit their results & make an impact
- You decide on your ideal mix of work from home &/or our office
- We’re a ‘fast 100’ company, growing quickly - so there are loads of opportunities!
- Awesome team & culture. We promise no games, no politics.
- Nice perks; new laptop, health and wellbeing allowance, kindle/audible with 300+books pre-loaded etc. etc.
A bit more us:
- Zipline is all about helping companies improve their customer experience and automate their in-person visitor and staff compliance requirements.
- We work with great organisations like Adidas, 7Eleven, Coles as well as leading Aged Care and HealthCare organisations such as St Vincents, Regis & Estia.
- We’ve grown from about 20 people to 50+ in the last 12months and would love to explore having you join us for our next chapter as we continue scaling.
- Zipline is looking for creative and ambitious people with significant drive. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced working environment. You will play an important role in taking Zipline to the next level. At Zipline we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
What you get to do every day:
- Help shape Design at Zipline by sharing knowledge of design best practices, user experience (UX), user interface (UI), and our users.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers and fellow designers across the business to develop human-centric solutions through ideation, exploration and user validation.
- Utilise collaborative practices such as workshops, design sessions, usability testing, sketching, and presenting with your team members to show the value of UX and Design.
- Promote and evolve the Zipline Design System, ultimately making it part of the day-to-day workflow.
- Embrace and experiment with a range of UX tools and techniques that support the efficient and rapid design of products.
- Engage and investigate with customers and end-users to empathise, validate and learn.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to make decisions and measure your and your team's direct impact.
What you bring to the role:
- A strong understanding of interaction design, visual design and user experience
- Experience designing high-quality interfaces and experiences
- Experience working in modern product teams (Ideally B2B SaaS)
- The ability to articulate and explain your ideas to other designers, engineers and product managers
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- The ability to produce visual mockups and prototypes using Figma or similar tools
- A drive to see measured success to our customers and their users. Not shy to get into the data (qualitative and quantitative)
- Pragmatism and natural curiosity and enjoy delving into complex user experience problem
- Passionate for motion design and transitions
- Drive to produce succinct and valuable UX copywriting, even if you aren't a copywriter.
- The desire to go above and beyond to produce the best work
What's on offer
- Competitive salary
- Become a shareholder! We will offer you a stake in our success (via employee share options)
- We’re a customer-focused, software product company run with humility and transparency
- We are a modern “remote first” company - so we seamlessly mix WFH and offices as we have people across Australia, Singapore, Bali and the Philippines.
- If you’re in a major city, we offer a gorgeous working space to complement your home set-up.
- New Macbook (or Surface) Kindle & Audible account with over 300+ books
- Generous Health & Wellness budget, 6+ paid for psychologist/workplace performance coaching sessions per year
Our promises to you
- A purpose-driven organisation with a vibrant and positive culture
- We believe in creating an awesome workplace where you are doing meaningful work, building meaningful relationships, and having fun.
- You will be empowered to solve problems and will be given the right tools and culture to get it done
- You will always know where you stand with management - no games or politics here
- We want you to always be learning and growing – so will support you in that journey by giving you a generous allowance to support that
- We will encourage you to speak up, both about what's great and what's not
- We will celebrate your hard work and key milestones
- Input into the product roadmap; everyone has the ability to influence this
Every day we collaborate, explore, experiment, reflect, learn, innovate, adjust and share, with a view to improving every day. If you want to work with great people in a supportive environment, put your career first and apply today!