Senior Software Engineer (Solutions Engineering)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco-based Zipongo (Eating Well Made Simple) has opened up the "Food Benefits Management" category to tackle chronic disease through nutrition. Zipongo's FBM platform helps users manage their nutrition via the Health (Digital Dietitian), Cooking (recipes, meal planning, grocery delivery, discounts, etc) and Restaurants (menus, restaurant ordering, workplace cafes) tools of our Zipongo Engage platform. In addition, the Zipongo FoodScripts platform helps users manage their disease ("Food as Medicine") and helps risk-bearing healthcare companies and employers drive an ROI vs. drug and traditional-only provider spending.
About the Solution Engineering Team
If you’re as passionate about nutrition, sports, and good food as we are, come join to help Zipongo make positive changes in real people!
We are looking for a talented full stack engineer driven by the pride and satisfaction of building something end to end. You enjoy writing clean, well-organized code with the emphasis on simplicity and performance. Attention to detail is second nature for you and you’ve done enough projects to instinctively know what works, and what doesn’t. You love a challenge and thrive on opportunities to innovate collaboratively. You want to be part of a fast-moving startup environment. You have a personal interest in health and wellness and can get behind Zipongo's mission.
What we're looking for
- Broad knowledge of frameworks (we use Hapi.js, Bookshelf.js, React.js, Backbone.js, Zurb Foundation and more!)
- Experienced with ReactJS, HTML5, CSS3
- Experience developing and shipping highly scalable web, or mobile applications.
- Strong MySQL background and knowledge of REST API architectures
- Experience with MVC architecture
- Loves to collaborate with product and design teams
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, motivated and a self-starter who can work without supervision
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience
Bonus points for
- Experience with Redux and Flux architecture
- Mobile web development expertise a big plus
- SSO (SAML, OAuth/OpenID), real-time event APIs, and/or other platform integration technologies
- Familiarity with logging, monitoring, tracking and deployment tools/APIs
- Contribution to open source projects
We expect our team and applicants to pride themselves on the following values:
We believe that experimenting, measuring results, and iterating with data support is the best process for solving hard problems.
We are passionate about having a positive impact on health and having a positive attitude.
We value collaboration, respect, and team over ego. We believe that as a team we can achieve far more than as a group of individuals, and that the best ideas are developed through a collaborative process.
To all recruitment agencies (unless otherwise notified in writing):
Zipongo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Zipongo employees or any other Zipongo company location. Zipongo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.