Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco-based Zipongo (Eating Well Made Simple) has opened up the "Food Benefits Management" category to tackle chronic disease through nutrition. Zipongo's FBM platform helps users manage their nutrition via the Health (Digital Dietitian), Cooking (recipes, meal planning, grocery delivery, discounts, etc) and Restaurants (menus, restaurant ordering, workplace cafes) tools of our Zipongo Engage platform. In addition, the Zipongo FoodScripts platform helps users manage their disease ("Food as Medicine") and helps risk-bearing healthcare companies and employers drive an ROI vs. drug and traditional-only provider spending.
About the Design Team
The Zipongo design team is made-up of interdisciplinary designers that work collaboratively across product, engineering, marketing, and sales initiatives. Team members wear many hats in order to solve unique and complex problems every day. Zipongo designers enjoy creating beautiful, simple user-centered designs through research, testing, and iteration.
We are looking for an experienced product designer who has a passion for creating products that solve real problems for real people. You possess a point of view that is nuanced and informed but also appreciate and help base your decisions with facts. Zipongo designers are an integral part of the company, collaborating deeply and daily with other designers, engineers, product managers, and our business team.
In addition to product design, you will be a key player in branding, messaging and creative execution of all major Company initiatives. A background in creating physical and digital marketing materials that are beautiful and on-brand will be key. At the heart of all of this, a fast-moving startup environment, your personal interest in health and wellness, and your committed belief in Zipongo's mission are what drive you.
A strong portfolio of visualized concepts and delivered products is a pre-requisite for consideration.
- Evangelize and educate the importance of design within our products and processes
- Work within an established design system and help contribute to the system’s growth
- Think about solutions that are device agnostic and future-friendly
- Help direct user-research initiatives throughout a project’s life that will help inform important design insights and decisions
- Conduct usability test and utilize results for informed decisions and iterations
- Ensure that consistency, simplicity and beauty are at the core of every Zipongo experience and align to business and product goals
- Promote new ideas, tools, or methods that help improve the way we work
- Approach your work with an appreciation for consistent, quick iterations through transparency and early feedback
- Love collaborating closely with your fellow designers and other team members on a daily basis
- Build strong and beautiful B2B marketing campaigns that cross digital and physical space
What we're looking for
- A passionate experience designer, a subject-matter expert, with a proven track record of great designs and strategy that meet user needs and business goals
- A drive and passion for improving the user experience of complex problems
- Thoughtful and confident leader who can take the design lead on a project from conception to execution
- Ability to appreciate and design with feedback from colleagues in a rapid iterative design process and effectively produce work backed by strong reasoning and solutions
- Strong ability to manage time, projects, and resources using an effective and well-honed workflow and design process
- Minimum BA/BFA degree in design related field, with an emphasis on visual design, user experience, or interaction design
- 5+ years of prior experience in a related role
Bonus points for
- Sketch and Adobe Suite know-how
- Prototyping tools like Invision or Framer
- Zeplin & Wake experience
- Experience with HTML & CSS
We expect our team and applicants to pride themselves on the following values:
We believe that experimenting, measuring results, and iterating with data support is the best process for solving hard problems.
We are passionate about having a positive impact on health and having a positive attitude.
We value collaboration, respect, and team over ego. We believe that as a team we can achieve far more than as a group of individuals, and that the best ideas are developed through a collaborative process.
To all recruitment agencies (unless otherwise notified in writing):
Zipongo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Zipongo employees or any other Zipongo company location. Zipongo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.