Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco-based Zipongo (Eating Well Made Simple) has opened up the "Food Benefits Management" category to tackle chronic disease through nutrition. Zipongo's FBM platform helps users manage their nutrition via the Health (Digital Dietitian), Cooking (recipes, meal planning, grocery delivery, discounts, etc) and Restaurants (menus, restaurant ordering, workplace cafes) tools of our Zipongo Engage platform. In addition, the Zipongo FoodScripts platform helps users manage their disease ("Food as Medicine") and helps risk-bearing healthcare companies and employers drive an ROI vs. drug and traditional-only provider spending.
Zipongo is looking for a Product Marketing superstar to play a key role in driving new and recurring revenue, working closely with our Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Marketing teams. The Product Marketing team owns numerous critical functions of the business, including but not limited to product bundling and pricing, product strategy and product launches, product go-to-market, business- and user-facing value proposition and messaging, channel partner program design, inside and channel Sales enablement, and Customer Success enablement.
Accordingly, the successful candidate will wear many concurrent hats. You will be proficient at shifting between qualitative and quantitative work (e.g., Excel modeling, Sales deck storylining and deck creation), understanding the internal and external stakeholders, balancing many demands on your time, and working with very senior audiences.
Reporting directly to the Director of Product Marketing, this critical hire will drive necessary strategic initiatives especially as relates to our Sales and channel partner teams.
- Drive strategy and development of Sales enablement materials and processes, such as product demos, sales presentations, and product trainings
- Be the expert on our buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria
- Be the expert on our competition and how to win against them
- Develop tailored value propositions, positioning, and messaging to our various customer segments
- Optimize our partner sales program, to drive revenue through those external teams
- Work closely with Product, Customer Success, and Marketing teams on specific initiatives especially around products that support our partner and sales teams
- Collaborate with other Product Marketing team members on the above and other areas such as pricing, product bundles, product launches, etc.
- Influence the Product and Marketing roadmaps based on your learnings from the market
What we're looking for
- 7+ years of technology or healthcare product marketing experience or equivalent healthcare experience in a top-tier consulting firm
- Proven track record of success in a technology or healthcare setting with product messaging, launch and sales enablement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Strong analytical skills; demonstrated capabilities executing end-to-end quantitative and qualitative research programs and analyses, effectively identifying and interpreting key findings, and driving the organization toward action
- BA or BS degree, and preferably a top-tier MBA
- Ability to travel on a limited basis as needed
Bonus points for
- Experience working in digital health or health care
- Experience working at a growth stage start-up
- Passion for health and nutrition
We expect our team and applicants to pride themselves on the following values:
We believe that experimenting, measuring results, and iterating with data support is the best process for solving hard problems.
We are passionate about having a positive impact on health and having a positive attitude.
We value collaboration, respect, and team over ego. We believe that as a team we can achieve far more than as a group of individuals, and that the best ideas are developed through a collaborative process.
To all recruitment agencies (unless otherwise notified in writing):
Zipongo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Zipongo employees or any other Zipongo company location. Zipongo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.