Head of Product
Join Zipongo in helping millions of members find an easier path to putting healthy, sustainable food on the table for their families, and help members with chronic diseases like diabetes and cancer overcome their conditions through our Foodsmart, Telenutrition & Foodscripts apps and services. Zipongo achieves healthier food choice by changing the eating environment at home, work, restaurants, and the grocery store. We work with employers, health plans, provider systems, pharmaceutical companies and wellness companies to improve the health of their employees, members, and patients, and reduce chronic disease. Our solution promotes healthy eating with highly personalized food purchase, cooking & grocery, and restaurant ordering recommendations, to help users achieve their health goals, free from the influence of unhealthy food advertising.
Zipongo is Eating Well Made Simple. We need to feed 10 Billion people by 2050, and we're working to help make eating healthy and sustainable around the world, aligned with the global EAT guidelines, Harvard School of Public Health and Walter Willett, MD, DPH. Are you ready to join our team and help solve one of the biggest problems facing the world today?
You are a seasoned product leader who enjoys solving big healthcare problems through people, process, and technology. You are equally comfortable meeting with customers and users to understand their needs, leading a user experience design session with the internal team, whiteboarding the underlying dataflows, and crafting detailed product requirements for engineering. You have deep healthcare technology domain expertise and enjoy connecting the dots between disparate areas of the healthcare system. You can lead a team and guide them to developing elegant and efficient solutions. You are thoughtful, analytical and optimistic.
You will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the Zipongo product, including launching a first-in-kind Food As Medicine program that blends the digital and physical worlds. This position works closely with members of executive management, design, engineering, sales, and marketing, and is a leadership role within the organization. You would also directly manage the design team.
- Oversee product management across Zipongo’s product portfolio, effectively running multiple simultaneous projects through Zipongo’s agile product development process
- Oversee product development including writing user stories, requirements, design briefs, wireframing, kick-offs, scrums,, engineering / tech review, and QA
- Ensure we are equipped to improve current products and develop next-generation products, including leading usability testing, insights gathering, competitive analysis, and more
- Own product metrics and reporting; Cultivate culture of experimentation and metrics-based decision-making.
- Help shape long-term product roadmap aligned with business strategy and growth initiatives to create industry-leading products; set short-term priorities and long-term milestones
- Support marketing, sales, and customer success on new product launches, new client launches, ongoing employee enrollment campaigns, and targeted growth campaigns
- Be a player / coach product leader, providing leadership, motivation, and guidance to product, design, and engineering teams, while directly contributing to advancing the product
- Create experiences that not only provide an exceptional customer experience, but also measurably improve our users’ engagement, food choices and purchase behavior.
- 7+ years in product management, ideally including time leading a product organization or ready to step up into that capacity
- 5+ years in healthcare including hands on healthcare technology experience
- Start-up experience
- Technical capability
- Strong management and interpersonal skills; ability to cultivate a fun, rewarding, agile and results-driven culture for your team and adjacent teams
- Ability to understand business needs, think strategically, and incorporate multiple perspectives and complex considerations into clear, well-communicated decisions
- History of being data-driven, including A/B testing, developing and interpreting product analytics, user research, and more
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment, to thrive at an extremely fast pace and to find creative ways to get things done
- Demonstrated passion for what we do
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Benefits & Perks:
- Generous paid time off (3 weeks vacation, Christmas to New Year's week off, sick pay) as well as flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Lunches and office snacks
- Relocation assistance available