Sr. iOS Engineer
Bay Area /
Join Zipongo in helping millions of members find an easier path to putting healthy, sustainable food on the table for their families, and help members with chronic diseases like diabetes and cancer overcome their conditions through our Foodsmart, Telenutrition & Foodscripts apps and services. Zipongo achieves healthier food choice by changing the eating environment at home, work, restaurants, and the grocery store. We work with employers, health plans, provider systems, pharmaceutical companies and wellness companies to improve the health of their employees, members, and patients, and reduce chronic disease. Our solution promotes healthy eating with highly personalized food purchase, cooking & grocery, and restaurant ordering recommendations, to help users achieve their health goals, free from the influence of unhealthy food advertising.
Zipongo is Eating Well Made Simple. We need to feed 10 Billion people by 2050, and we're working to help make eating healthy and sustainable around the world, aligned with the global EAT guidelines, Harvard School of Public Health and Walter Willett, MD, DPH. Are you ready to join our team and help solve one of the biggest problems facing the world today?
We are looking for a Sr. iOS Developer who has a passion for applying technology to advance health and can lead the design and development of the application. Our ideal candidate has experience in driving mobile projects end-to-end, collaborating on product decisions, implementing the technical solutions, and measuring their success. You enjoy writing clean, well-organized code with the emphasis on simplicity and performance. Attention to detail is second nature for you and you’ve done enough projects to instinctively know what works, and what doesn’t. You thrive in a fast-moving, startup environment, you have a personal interest in health and wellness, and you are passionate about Zipongo's mission.
- Develop Zipongo’s iOS application
- Participate in overall planning and execution of mobile projects
- Work closely with the product, design and business teams
- 5+ years professional experience in full lifecycle software development
- Extensive experience developing iOS applications in both Swift and Objective-C
- Hands-on experience with best practices, continuous deployment, and clean well-documented code
- Experience with publishing apps to the App Store
- Good track record of working in a culture of collaboration and execution
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
Benefits & Perks:
- Generous paid time off (3 weeks vacation, Christmas to New Year's week off, sick pay) as well as flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Lunches and office snacks
- Relocation assistance available