Account Executive (US REMOTE)
Foodsmart is eating well made simple. We are the world’s largest telenutrition and foodcare solution, backed by a national network of Registered Dietitians and designed to yield consistently healthier food choices, lasting behavior change and long-term results. Foodsmart’s highly personalized, digital platform guides members through a personalized journey to eating well while saving them time and money. Foodsmart seamlessly integrates dietary assessments and nutrition counseling with online food ordering and cost-effective meal planning for the whole family that makes the most of ingredients at home and on the go. With national and regional retail partners across the US now accepting SNAP/EBT, Foodsmart helps bring healthier food within reach to eligible members and can also assist with SNAP enrollment.
Founded in 2010 by CEO Jason Langheier, MD, MPH, Foodsmart has supported over 1.25 million members from over 700 health plan, employer and health system clients, and raised over $70 million in funding from leading strategic and venture investors like Advocate Aurora Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts, Seventure (Natixis), Mayfield and Founder Collective.
Learn more at www.foodsmart.com
The objective of the Account Executive role is to develop relationships and contracts with B2B clients, working with either health plans (Medicare / Medicaid), government entities, or other healthcare players (therapeutics / pharmaceutical). You will find and connect with key decision makers and stakeholders, uncover key problems, priorities, and needs, and ultimately launch their formal relationships with Foodsmart for telenutrition and platform use. Every deal you close ultimately makes the world healthier. This job will require a mix of innovative and diverse outreach methods including some cold calling, emailing, LinkedIn, and direct mail in order to reach our prospective customers. You will work with collaborators in growth and bD, and you will have a BDR (prospector) supporting your outreach efforts in addition to a registered dietician who serves as a clinical consultant on your accounts.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills and executive presence.
- A history of demonstrated tenacity and end-to-end ownership of deals valued annually at $250K and above
- Successful history of closing deals on long sales cycles
- Consistent quota attainment
- Experienced in working with at least one of the following types of clients: pharmaceutical/therapeutics, government (local/state/federal), or Medicare & Medicaid health plans (multiple roles available)
- The ability to map accounts and understand complex organization structures
- Collaborative, team-based approach and desire to work in a remote-first environment
- Prior cold calling and prospecting experience.
- Familiarity with the health insurance and healthcare spaces.
- Experience and knowledge of healthy eating practices or experience working with registered dieticians.
- Prior experience using CRMs like Hubspot.
- Experience using email cadence software or sales acceleration tools like outreach.io, salesloft, or Hubspot
Foodsmart is a mission-driven organization that creates fulfillment at the end of each day, knowing you are working towards helping people live healthier lives through nutrition. As a fast growing startup, there are significant opportunities for growth early on in your tenure. Besides competitive compensation, we offer many unique benefits, including unlimited PTO, flexible working hours, flexible working location, paid health insurance, monthly gym subsidies, and daily lunch allowances.
Foodsmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our firm policy to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.