Registered Dietitian (Remote)
Zipongo makes eating well easy. We’re a telehealth company on a mission to reduce chronic disease by positively impacting one thing everyone does each day: eat. We empower individuals by providing convenient, affordable, and healthy solutions around food that enable them to enjoy their lives with friends and family. Zipongo works with employers, health plans, and other wellness partners looking for an easy way to engage their members in healthy and sustainable eating habits at work and at home. We deliver telenutrition services and digital health products to promote healthy eating habits and behavior change. We enhance our evidence-based clinical services with tools to support convenient, real-time actions including healthy recipes and meal planning tools as well as discounts and incentives for healthy groceries. Our HIPAA-secure products are available on web, mobile, and tablet.
Zipongo is seeking Registered Dietitians (RDs) to support the comprehensive nutrition care mission of Zipongo, which is grounded in evidence-based clinical nutritional standards including use of a whole food plant based (WFPB) diet. Our Zipongo RDs leverage Zipongo’s digital platform to provide a broad range of nutrition and health related consultations, educational sessions, and training to Zipongo’s clients, partners, and users. Some RD positions will support both in-person and telenutrition services for our patients.
- Provide individualized medical nutrition therapy (MNT) via remote and in-person sessions to patients with a variety of health and lifestyle needs
- Provide tailored nutrition education and counseling to clients/patients in virtual settings
- Document care in electronic medical record according to Nutrition Care Process
- Assist patients in getting the most utility out of Zipongo’s digital platform
- Manage a panel of clients/patients with a variety of chronic health conditions and backgrounds
- Communicate effectively and empathetically with clients/patients through HIPAA-compliant video calls and electronic messaging
- Strong academic and applied background in medical nutrition therapy across a variety of health conditions and diet therapy using a WFPB dietary approach
- Active experience providing nutrition counseling to patients
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with colleagues, patients/clients, and care team
- Ability to learn new technology and software and integrate it into practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills and ability to accomplish work independently
- B.S. Degree from an accredited institution; M.S. or MPH preferred
- Credentialing as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and Licensed Dietitian (state-dependent)
- Maintenance of continuing education
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of professional experience in dietetics
- Compensation is commensurate with level of education and experience
- Remote (work-from-home)
Note: Cover letters are required.