Engineering Manager - AI/Computer Vision
San Francisco, CA /
Zippin is an artificial intelligence company that provides next generation of checkout-free technology to every retailer. Our mission is to use machine learning, computer vision and sensor fusion technology to banish checkout lines and self-scanners for good, so shoppers can zip in and out with their purchases. Zippin's solution enables every retailer to provide checkout-free experience to their customers. We are well-funded from reputable investors in the valley and are in the midst of expanding our solution in a few exciting markets.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager - AI/Computer Vision. As a manager in the AI/CV team, you will manage and grow a team of machine learning engineers. We expect you to have solid machine learning, computer vision, and engineering skills in order to drive the technical vision and stay connected to the details. We also expect you to have relevant leadership and communication experience needed to excel in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and impact-driven environment.
This position can be remote (in US) or located in San Carlos, CA or San Francisco, CA.
- 5+ years of experience in computer vision/10+ years of software development experience
- Experience leading and building a high-performing applied science team.
- Experience in recruiting and managing technical teams, including coaching, performance people management.
- Experience in developing/deploying products for Computer Vision in one of the following areas: Self-driving cars, AR/VR, surveillance, biometrics etc;
- Experience in 3D computer vision algorithms, such as 3D reconstruction, object and motion detection, tracking and classification, object recognition
- Experience in machine learning algorithms for vision problems, including deep learning
- Both C++ and Python is a must
- Experience with tools such as OpenCV, Tensorflow, PyTorch etc;
- Familiarity with trending and state-of-the-art technology in computer vision and/or machine learning.
Zippin is an equal opportunity employer.
- developing and deploying cutting edge computer vision projects to production
- providing technical guidance to the team
- scoping out projects
- architecting solutions, identifying issues and bottlenecks for deployment
- interfacing with engineering
- support/improve deployed solutions
The AI team works on a broad range of technologies, including people detection, people tracking, object recognition, camera calibration, SLAM, activity recognition, gesture recognition, and semantic understanding. We’ve collected a massive database of complex real-world data that we can use to validate our approaches. Zippin's stack is built with OpenCV, Tensorflow, Docker. We have offices in San Francisco, Toronto and India. This position can be remote. To date, we have raised $15M of funding; Our latest round (Series A; 12M) was closed in December 2019.
You will be directly reporting to our co-founder and chief scientist and take part in defining the company's AI roadmap, supervise its execution and communicating the same to executives and, most importantly - drive innovation! If the combination of real data, real users, and cutting-edge applied research appeals to you, then we’d love to talk!