Technical Product Manager
San Carlos, CA /
There's never been a more exciting time in retail. Frictionless experiences are being demanded by shoppers who are tired of waiting in line and want to zip in and out of their favorite stores. As a Technical Product Manager at Zippin, you will help define products, and features that integrate software, hardware, and services to provide delightful retail experiences.
Zippin provides autonomous checkout for leading brick & mortar retailers. Shoppers just walk into stores, pick up the items they want, and then leave. We use machine learning, computer vision, and sensor fusion to automatically charge shoppers when they walk out—no more checkout lines.
Zippin is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in San Carlos - CA, Toronto - Canada, and India. Industry veterans from Amazon, SRI, and VMware founded the company and raised over $15M in venture funding from Evolv, NTT Docomo, SAP, and Maven Ventures.
- Define features and services and use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and business case
- Work cross-functionally to bring features and products to market - and grow business opportunities
- Build detailed training material, demos, video recordings, labs and PoC for customers, sales, and partners
- Support a detailed deployment and integration guide
- Be the voice of customer in engineering discussions
- Validate & Test end-to-end solutions
- 3+ years of experience in building customer-centric solutions in retail or software industry
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver projects on tight deadlines
- High attention to detail including precise and effective communication
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Customer-focussed, Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Retail - Brick n Mortar stores, E-Commerce
- Experience in a dynamic (start up like) environment
- UX design experience