Software Engineer, Store Devices
San Carlos, CA /
Zippin Store Devices team is looking for a software engineer. Store Devices team is responsible for design, development, and deployment of all edge compute services running in Zippin powered stores around the globe. In this role, you will help solve technical challenges around image processing, media streaming, sensor noise, IOT, and data streaming.
Zippin provides autonomous checkout for leading brick & mortar retailers. Shoppers just walk into stores, pick up the items they want, and then leave. We use machine learning, computer vision, and sensor fusion to automatically charge shoppers when they walk out—no more checkout lines.
Zippin is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in San Carlos - CA, Toronto - Canada, and India. Industry veterans from Amazon, SRI, and VMware founded the company and raised over $15M in venture funding from Evolv, NTT Docomo, SAP, and Maven Ventures.
- Design and develop micro-services for edge devices in Zippin powered stores
- Write clean, well-designed, modular code and unit tests following design patterns and SOLID rules
- Evaluate different edge compute platforms for performance and cost tradeoffs
- Troubleshoot system performance issues and find innovative solutions
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of software development experience in C++ and Python
- Experience building production services on Nvidia Jetson, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and similar platforms
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong Linux fundamentals
- Experience working in a dynamic (start up like) environment
- Experience with Image Processing and OpenCV
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker