Engineering Development Manager (copy)
Founded in 1999, ZirMed is the nation’s only company delivering proven end-to-end cloud-based business and clinical performance management solutions to meet the challenges of managing population health and optimizing fee-for-service and fee-for-value reimbursements. ZirMed combines innovative software development with the industry’s most advanced transactional network and predictive analytics platform to improve the business and process of healthcare, give organizations a clearer view of their financial and operational performance, and streamline critical connections between providers, patients, and payers.
We're always improving, always testing, always changing, and there's never a dull moment. In the rapidly changing world of healthcare technology, we stay ahead of the curve.
What is the purpose of this position?
Right now, we are looking to add serious management talent to our Engineering team. The Engineering Development Manager will be responsible for managing a team of brilliant software engineers and QA resources to build the award winning products we offer to our clients. Our managers are willing to jump in and roll their sleeves up to get the job done and are certainly highly technical.
Looking for some details?
- Schedules projects and resources, and monitors project timelines. Will be ultimately accountable for the success or failure of all team projects.
- Motivate and provide guidance to team members to accomplish team goals through counseling, performance reviews, mentoring, and team building activities.
- Play an integral part in establishing, driving, and enhancing process and procedure within the team and within IT as a whole department.
- Establish training offerings suited for individual needs in order for them to progress.
- Work with the Business Product Owners to identify priorities for application development and enhancements. Acquire resources for projects to fit the current and future needs of the business.
- Work closely and cohesively with other managers within IT.
- Establish priorities for technical leads and ensure they have guidance and coaching to mentor other team members.
- Helps other IT managers set and implement policies and procedures related to application quality, standards, and testing.
Do you fit our team?
- Bachelor's degree in a technology or related area a plus
- 5+ years managing IT related staff and/or projects is ideal
- 5+ years of experience with application development
- Strong desire to succeed and help others succeed
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Can-do Attitude
- Ability to work self-directed
- Extremely enthusiastic and upbeat
- Ability to manage, contribute to, support, expect, and embrace constant change