Sr. Information Security Engineer
San Jose, CA
IT – Security
Zoom (zoom.us) is the world leader in video communications. Hundreds of thousands of businesses turn to Zoom for video and web collaboration, and we have the highest customer satisfaction in our industry. In all measures - revenues, team, customers - Zoom is growing at an explosive pace. With our recent funding of $100M from Sequoia, we are expanding teams across our organization. Now is the time to get on board at Zoom. It's an awesome place to work, and we're looking for the best people to join us.
We are seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to join our Information Security team. The successful candidate will carry out technical administration of Zoom for Government environment. The ISSO will provide Government compliance reporting, working with Government assigned CISO for compliance (meetings, dealing with concerns etc..). Managing the tool sets for compliance, Qualys, Splunk, CISO Sentinel working with engineering (Ops) for remediation and POAM reporting.
As part of the Information Security team, reporting to the ISSM, the position is responsible for day to day information system security operations including hardware and software implementations, operating, managing, and implementing security requirements both technical and administrative of Zoom for Government systems.
- Managing tool sets for compliance, Qualys, Splunk, and others.
- Preparing and analyzing test and scan results and develop into POAM.
- Develop, maintain, and update security documentation to include SSP, Continuous Monitoring, POAMs, RAR, SAR, etc.
- Performing software patch installation, antivirus updates, and conducting security audit.
- Maintaining and documenting configuration management (CM) for security-relevant software, hardware, and firmware.
- Perform evaluation for new software, hardware, and firmware use before implementation on the system.
- Monitor and Identifying security vulnerabilities and providing guidance on mitigating risk.
- Evaluate cyber security impacts of operating systems/network protocols, applications, and hardware.
- Perform upkeep, monitoring, analyzing, and response to security events.
- Working with NIST controls across all relevant compliance domain.
- Interact with Government assigned CISO in security, project, and technical exchange meetings.
- Perform system administration tasks to include desktop support, and network administration functions
- Must be a US citizen due to US government requirements
- Previous experience working in a FedRAMP environment desired.
- 3 or more years of experience in Information Security (5+ years preferred)
- M.S in Computer Science or equivalent preferred. Combination of related industrial security experience will be considered.
- Extensive experience in information security, as an ISSO, or an equivalent cyber role with demonstrated knowledge and experience in authoring and testing system security plans.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of and experience with cyber-related tools for auditing, compliance verification, vulnerability testing, and continuous system monitoring.
- Technical knowledge of computer and network hardware and software systems.
- Experience in the use of Linux in physical and virtual environments such as AWS.
- Advanced technical knowledge of computer systems, applications, and networking.
- Possesses effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate and present and explain technical information.
- Must be available for occasional after-hours tasks.
Check us out with a free download: zoom.us/download
Zoom Video Communications is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status. Our combined differences are what make us Zoom!