Application Security Engineer
San Jose, CA
Engineering – Client Engineering
Zoom (zoom.us) is the world leader in video communications. Hundreds of thousands of businesses turn to Zoom for video and web collaboration, and we have the highest customer satisfaction in our industry. In all measures - revenues, team, customers - Zoom is growing at an explosive pace. With our recent funding of $100M from Sequoia, we are expanding teams across our organization. Now is the time to get on board at Zoom. It's an awesome place to work, and we're looking for the best people to join us.
We are looking for an Application Security Engineer with 3+ years of software development experience to join the Zoom’s Security team. The ideal candidate will collaborate closely with Software developers and Engineers across Zoom to help them design, develop, and test security features and functionalities.
- Functioning as a technical point of contact for the product teams and Engineering as it relates to application security
- Enabling effective security testing of Zoom’s products and services
- Perform Application security reviews, code scanning and release sign-off
- Participate in Applications security discussion with prospects and customers
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Security guidance and documentation
- Security tool development
- Security training for internal teams
- Perform other security related projects and tasks as needed
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Have experience in various aspects of application security, such as security architecture analysis/reviews, security testing and threat modeling.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with secure coding, cryptography, system administration and network security, threat modeling experience, identity management and authentication, software development.
- Knowledge and understanding of security protocols, cryptography, application security, system and network security and security engineering.
- An understanding of network and web related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Experience with multiple programming and scripting languages (such as, Java, C/C++, Objective C, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Deep understanding of OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities
- Experience with static code analysis techniques
- Experience with AWS services.
- Excellent written and communication skills
Check us out with a free download: zoom.us/download
Zoom Video Communications is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status. Our combined differences are what make us Zoom!