Orthopedic Physician Assistant
Portland, OR /
Specialists Team – Orthopedic /
What if healthcare fit into your busy schedule, and not the other way around?
What if waiting in the lobby was a thing of the past? What if you could get in and out of the doctor's office—with meds in hand—in less time than a coffee break?
When you join the ZOOM+Care team, you'll work on the cutting edge of healthcare in America, helping turn "what if" into reality. Join us on our mission to deliver Twice. ½. Ten: That's twice the health, at half the price—with ten times the delight.
The primary purpose and function of the Orthopedic Physician Assistant is to evaluate and treat patients who present with orthopedic complaints and provide direct patient care in the clinic while adhering to all quality, regulatory and compliance standards.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Perform with expertise everyday procedures (eg: joint injections, casting, splinting)
- Provide complete charts and complete lab responsibilities (call backs/follow up) on a daily basis
- Order and interpret x-raysAssist in surgical cases when necessary
- Deliver and manage patient care through in-person visits, phone and email
- Deliver clinical excellence, timeliness, professionalism and patient service for the ZOOM+Care Orthopedic service line
- Correctly document and code visits to reflect the work done and to accurately capture the complexity of the medical care, without over- or under-coding
- Participate in projects and internal committees that optimize clinical care, profitability, improve workflow and delight patients
- Be a leader in improving Orthopedic workflows, enhancing care standards and eliminating workflow barriers. This includes software changes, clinic staff enhancements, facilities, supplies, equipment, provider behavior, and patient experience
- Stay up to date with orthopedic standards and trends such as new regulations and new medical standards
- Maintain CME/CEU’s and clinical certifications
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work volume can require more than your scheduled hours per week or work outside of regular business hours to complete essential duties of this job
- Work within a fully digital healthcare environment
- Ability to work at a computer and stand for long periods of time
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
- Required: Masters degree in Physician Assistant Studies
- Required: PA with 2+ years of orthopedic experience
- Required: Certification by the NCCPA
- Preferred: Creativity, early adopter, desire for continual growth, team member and builder
Exciting benefits package including: Health & Wellness Benefits, 401K with employer match, Paid Time Off & Parental Leave, and additional benefits and rewards.