Medical Director of Quality and Education
Portland, OR /
Medical Team – Medical Director of Quality and Education /
What if healthcare fit into your busy schedule, and not the other way around?
What if waiting in the lobby was a thing of the past? What if you could get in and out of the doctor's office—with meds in hand—in less time than a coffee break?
When you join the ZOOM+Care team, you'll work on the cutting edge of healthcare in America, helping turn "what if" into reality. Join us on our mission to deliver Twice. ½. Ten: That's twice the health, at half the price—with ten times the delight.
Deliver Quality, Drive Results
The Medical Director of Quality and Education is the primary owner of quality and safety at Zoom, and liaisons with the product and training teams to ensure gaps in quality are systematically addressed through technological products and/or educational initiatives. The Medical Director of Quality will work heavily with the CMO and Medical Directors of Acute and Specialty Services, as well as the VP of Ancillary Services, to oversee the quality program at Zoom, report on quality outcomes, identify systematic quality issues within service lines and generally support the ongoing provision of high quality care.
Medical Directors are primarily administrative yet retain some elements of clinical FTE weekly. They actively liaison with product, tech, billing, human resources and credentialing and are actively involved in discussions involving strategic initiatives and growth. As such, they must have a deep understanding and knowledge of the ZOOM+Care approach to care, empathy with Sarah and a strong ability to build teams and lead.
- Identify Existing Medical Errors and Poor Quality
- Serve as chair of the Quality Committee
- Organize and Lead Quality Committee meetings
- Deliver monthly Quality Committee reports
- Partner with CMO on the Quality Committee composition, process and evaluation as needed
- Ensure sustainable growth of the Quality Committee structure and strategy
- Liaison with Practice Leads and Medical Directors to identify trends in poor quality or systemic deficiencies that threaten quality within the design of clinical or technological processes
- Identify strategic clinical outcome initiatives and provide periodic reports on clinical outcome metrics for persons seeking care at Zoom
- Liaison with product on externally facing medical quality metrics to support transparency and patient control
- Liaison with med-mal and executive team on sentinel quality events
- Oversee Technological and Process Initiatives to Prevent Medical Errors
- Own the standardization, development, publication and implementation of Gold Standard pathways in diagnosis and treatment
- Liaison with Product Team to leverage Gold Standards into patient and provider facing applications
- Collaborate with Medical Directors and Practice leads to identify new and/or refine existing point-of-care resources and/or clinical decision support tools
- Curate the existing learning bite system in accordance with strategic priorities
- Collaborate with training and clinical teams (Medical Directors and Practice Leads) to oversee clinical education strategy and content
- Oversee the ZoomU frequency, program and formatOversee CME certification for Zoom-sponsored educational activities
- Serve as back-up member of the credentialing committee
- Work to leverage processes and administrative support within other departments as well as clinical departments to ensure smooth operations and delivery of objectives
- Board-Certified Physician (MD, DO) with at least 5 years of clinical practice experience who loves to practice and teach clinical medicine
- Demonstrably high alignment with Zoom clinical philosophies, design thinking, strategy and patient-centeredness
- Experience in defining, tracking and reporting ambulatory clinical quality metrics
- Experience in systematic approach to clinical quality improvement
- Strong evidence of a proven track record of improving ambulatory healthcare quality through education and process/product initiatives
- Leadership qualities, including intuitive feel for provider needs, ability to motivate providers, ability to manage providers, clear linear thinker and communicator
- Experience overseeing quality in systems with broad (national) geographic span and wide array of acute, primary and specialty services, and growing systems to tackle high-growth and scale
- Experience in med-mal and legal relations.
Exciting benefits package including: Health & Wellness Benefits, 401K with employer match, Paid Time Off & Parental Leave, and additional benefits and rewards.