Imaging Practice Lead
Portland, OR /
Imaging Team – Imaging Practice Lead /
What if healthcare fit into your busy schedule, and not the other way around?
What if waiting in the lobby was a thing of the past? What if you could get in and out of the doctor's office—with meds in hand—in less time than a coffee break?
When you join the ZOOM+Care team, you'll work on the cutting edge of healthcare in America, helping turn "what if" into reality. Join us on our mission to deliver Twice. ½. Ten: That's twice the health, at half the price—with ten times the delight.
We’re hiring an Imaging Practice Lead to join our growing imaging practice!
If you’re a Registered Radiology Technologist or Sonographer who wants to improve the accessibility and quality of CT imaging, ZOOM+Care could be right for you! You’ll join our growing imaging team of CT, X-Ray, and Ultrasound Technologists delivering low-dose imaging for our system of on-demand neighborhood clinics, and for our Super clinics. The imaging center is co-located with Zoom+Super, where we deliver care with emergency doctors on demand. You are a clinician leader, mentor, coach, and referee who helps to define the way in which ZOOM+Care connects state-of-the-art, evidence-based practices with the business of healthcare.
The Imaging Practice Lead directs the department’s overall operations to support budget development, clinical operations and patient access, employee management and productivity, and also assists in the development of department strategic initiatives. The position’s major responsibilities are managing all day-to-day operations, including the delivery of care, human resource management, capital and operational budgeting, equipment oversight, financial management, and performance improvement activities
Day to Day
- Manage operational areas and identify and drive improvement opportunities in key areas, including patient access, patient experience, service line cost management, quality management, employee engagement and other department functions that support the overall performance of Right Care
- Oversee the development and creation of imaging protocols and processes in collaboration with other clinical leadership and standards of care Assists in implementing strategic initiatives within the department, including growth strategies and new practice development
- Leads and manages the operational activities for CT, X-Ray, and Ultrasound services across the operational footprintEnsure that the right technologists and sonographers are hired in the practice
- Provide content for clinical hiring tests/exams/evaluations
- Develop, implement, and update patient and employee safety policies and/or standard operating procedures including guidelines and/or staff education on the use of the facility and equipment
- Update and/or write new policies and procedures to support new programs
- Responsible for protocol development with appropriate documentation, updates, and archiving
- Provide sufficient stop-gap coverage in the event of imaging staff call-out, PTO, or sicknessFulfill medical and legal compliance from clinical perspective
- Ensure all staff comply with safety and regulatory program requirements
- Work with vendor partners to resolve equipment malfunctions and to ensure that all regulatory requirements regarding equipment performance are upheld
- Oversee performance of quality assurance and quality improvement activities, including exam quality, image quality, and systems operations (this may include obtaining and maintaining accreditation through the American College of Radiology for specific ZOOM+Care facilities)
- Coordinate training of new staff technologists, maintain staff competency, and coordinate the training necessary to keep technical staff current with the latest industry advances
- Clinical and administration FTE is adjusted due to service line growth, salary expectations, and business key performance indicators
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Physical Science, Biological Science, or other relevant fields
- Preferred one of the following: 1) Registered Radiology Technologist (RT) credentialed through The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or 2) Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) credentialed through the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- At least 5 years of clinical practice leadership experience - i.e., someone who loves to practice and teach clinical services and has demonstrated an ability to model and lead the ZOOM+Care clinical philosophy
- Leadership qualities, including the ability to motivate staff, build engagement within the ZOOM+Care system, and the ability to manage team members; also needs to demonstrate clear linear thinking and communication
- Preferred: experience building processes and systems
- Preferred: experience overseeing multiple imaging centers, especially growing the volume of studies performed and the overall revenue achieved
Exciting benefits package including: Health & Wellness Benefits, 401K with employer match, Paid Time Off & Parental Leave, and additional benefits and rewards.