Portland, OR /
Operations Team – Lease Accountant /
What if healthcare fit into your busy schedule, and not the other way around?
What if waiting in the lobby was a thing of the past? What if you could get in and out of the doctor's office—with meds in hand—in less time than a coffee break?
When you join the ZOOM+Care team, you'll work on the cutting edge of healthcare in America, helping turn "what if" into reality. Join us on our mission to deliver Twice. ½. Ten: That's twice the health, at half the price—with ten times the delight.
We’re hiring a Lease Accountant!
Are you an accounting professional with at least 3 years’ experience looking for your next challenge? Do you have experience with real estate leases/lease provisions and general accounting knowledge? Are you looking to put your mark on a growing company where you will have the opportunity to identify process improvement opportunities as opposed to sticking to the status quo? If you answered yes to all of the above, then ZOOM+Care could be right for you!
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Reviewing leases and leasing activity to ensure accurate billing
- Performing month-end, quarterly, and annual closing activities in compliance with GAAP and ZOOM+Care accounting policies, including the preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, lease payments, ad hoc analysis, and reporting
- Reviewing new and modified lease contracts for proper accounting and completion within the lease accounting systemMaintaining accurate lease payment spreadsheet and ROU spreadsheet for Accounts Payable
- Maintaining current Certificates of Insurance for all properties
- Requesting W9s from property owners for rent paymentsCollecting and maintaining monthly leasing Information – tracking capital expenditures, tenant improvement payments, security deposits, letter of credits and entering into accounting systemRecommending improvements to systems, processes and policies related to managing real estate portfolio finances
- Maintaining Lease database including the initial abstraction of each new lease; keeping all contacts currentPreparing forecast and budgets
- Assisting Leasing Manager with annual year-end reconciliation process – CAM, percentage rent, insurance utilities, sewer/trash, real estate taxesAssist with porting existing lease database to Lease Query
- Performing ad-hoc accounting projects as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experienceKnowledge of US GAAP
- Proficient with Google Suite, especially Google Sheets, and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of real estate leases and lease provisions
Exciting benefits package including: Health & Wellness Benefits, 401K with employer match, Paid Time Off & Parental Leave, and additional benefits and rewards.