Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
Product Management – UX & Design
Are you looking to join a team that strives to bring a positive, real-life impact to the lives of millions of people? At Zoosk, we have the tremendous and rewarding challenge of facilitating meaningful connections between over 40 million users worldwide and growing. Our users span 80 countries worldwide and exchange millions of messages in 25 different languages every single day.
Would you like your work to be used by millions of people worldwide? Do you want to work on multiple products with distinctive visual styles and unique brand identities? Do you want to join our UX team and contribute to interface designs across web and mobile experiences?
As a Senior Product Designer, you will lead, mentor, and collaborate with designers, perform user research as a team, and work directly with product managers and developers to develop your creative vision into a wonderful user experience. Your designs will directly impact the experience of our users and you’ll have the opportunity to see how your work performs and continually improve your live design-work in our fast, iterative environment.
What you'll do:
- Create usable, high performing, and beautiful visual designs for web and mobile applications
- Know when to utilize flow diagrams, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups to convey key interaction strategy
- Mentor designers on the team and complement their skillsets
- Be an ambassador of UX to cross-functional departments through presentations, grooming sessions, bug bashes, etc.
- Articulate design decisions and detailed design specifications to senior level stakeholders, elicit meaningful feedback, and collaborate to iterate on designs
- Work with developers to solve technical constraints
- Ensure that features you work on contribute to a complete and holistic, albeit an ever evolving, user experience
- Tackle complex product problems and solve them creatively while balancing business goals (includes competitive analysis of trending visuals and interactions)
- Manage your projects from inception to development hand-off
- Document and share visual systems you build and expand, including management of evolving patterns and leading in the adoption of new tools
- Attack UX debt with planning and influence
- Maintain and evolve UX best practices to best fit product and business direction
What we're looking for in you:
- A highly collaborative approach, both with other designers and with stakeholders
- A strong online portfolio with an emphasis on UI design, icons, illustrations, and prototyping
- Excellent time-management, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand requirements and rapidly design and iterate
- 4+ years experience designing responsively for web and mobile including iOS, Android, and Touch
- Experience in contemporary and legacy design, prototyping, and motion design tools such as Sketch, etc.
- Consistent curiosity in new tools and apps
- Experience with cross-platform and responsive design
- You love teamwork; you shared in kindergarten. You’re always interested in learning the latest techniques and trends and sharing them with your team. You rely on self-sufficiency, but are not afraid of asking questions. You care deeply about quality but can work in a variety of styles.
It's cool if you:
- Brainstorm through sketching
- Studied graphic design
- Love typography
- Dabble in CSS
- Foster design culture
- Tinker with new prototyping tools
- Participate in hack-a-thons
- Respect, follow, and advocate Design Thinking
Is this you? Show us your portfolio!
Zoosk Core Values: Don’t stop caring. Be a doer. We’re better together. Speak up. We say no to the status quo. If there’s fun to be had, then have it.
While there is a lot to do, we also have a very open and collaborative culture and know how to have a lot of fun; frequent team and company outings, Hackathons, happy hour every Friday, daily catered lunches, health and wellness benefits, 401K matching, generous maternity/paternity leave policies, and flexible time off are just some of the ways we support our teams.
Zoosk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.