CAE Technical Expert, Vehicle Structures
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
At Zoox, we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on the virtual vehicle structure development in collaboration with structural architect and system leads you will work in optimizing the vehicle structure balancing each of its performance attributes. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Ensure virtual tools, methodologies, and correlation are in place to ensure virtual predictive quality
- Lead the virtual vehicle structure performance development in close collaboration with structural architect and the system teams
- Lead the structural correlation, both virtual and physical
- Lead the overall vehicle structural analysis with respect to various attributes
- Lead virtual DVPs and execute accordingly
- Drive use of optimization tools, in optimizing designs in balancing attributes
- Suggest countermeasure design solutions
- Generate virtual analysis engineering reports
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering, or related field, and 10+ years of automotive experience
- Know how of Nastran, Opti-Struct, Abaqus, ANSA, and Hyperworks
- Proven experience leading teams and CAE projects from concept to production
- Background in Vehicle CAE performance development preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.