Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As an Interior Systems Engineer on Zoox’s Vehicle Engineering Team, you will be responsible for the design, release, and launch of the complete interior system for Zoox vehicles. You will be part of the team that creates and executes world-class interiors in terms of form, function, and durability.
Commodities of importance include hard trim, headliner systems, carpets, insulators, seats, and luggage compartment trim and the integration of these commodities into the vehicle. You will utilize your expertise in one or more of these commodities and develop as a full vehicle engineer – designing and delivering systems rather than just components as you work with a lean and agile team.
- Design of automotive component parts in CATIA V5
- Develop and execute interior system requirements
- Participate in the iterative process with the Zoox design/styling studio to deliver the optimal balance of form vs. function vs. cost
- Implement processes and material selections to achieve world class durability, reliability, and fit & finish of automotive interiors
- Complete and release interior components, sub-system and detail designs, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required (in-house designs are planned for most major commodities)
- Interpret CAE simulation results and integrate recommendations into product design
- Collaborate with key interior system and plastic component suppliers and support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Procurement groups to ensure interior system manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability
- Technical documentation to include DFMEAs, DVP&R’s
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Other disciplines considered with experience) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in automotive interior trim component and subsystem engineering (OEM or Tier I level), demonstrating technical aptitude from concept through release and launch for production and 3D modeling proficiency in CATIA V5 or the equivalent in experience
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with a high number of unknowns
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering
- Experience with technical documentation in at least 1 full lifecycle vehicle programs to include DVP&R and DFMEA
- Experience managing technical suppliers
- Demonstrated an ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing constraints
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.