Software Engineer - Road Network Core Architecture
Foster City, CA /
Software – Road Network Mapping /
Zoox's Road Network team is responsible for developing the tools and infrastructure necessary to build, curate, and manage our high definition road network.
The Core Architecture group is responsible for developing and maintaining the core technologies and contracts that ZRN customers rely upon. These include the specification of the road network data format, client-side libraries and tools to access road network data, as well as services pivotal to the integrity and availability of road network data.
The core architecture team provides solutions to ZRN consumers in all domains: from developer and content production workflows, to in-cluster training jobs, and on-vehicle realtime access.
Our ideal candidate has strong C++ skills with practical engineering/architecture experience. You should have a deep passion for robust and elegant architecture, as well as code correctness and maintainability.
- Design and develop essential ZRN components including the ZRN data format, validation frameworks, post-processing pipelines, and interfaces consumed by downstream customers
- Work cross-functionally with teams across Zoox to grow and supports APIs used by teams across Zoox
- Create software requirements, design documentation, test plans, and other supporting documentation
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including prototyping, requirements capture, design, implementation, and validation
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent practical experience
- Fluency with C++
- At least 5 years of practical software development experience
- Master's / Ph.D. in computer science (or related field)
- Experience with modern C++ (11 or later)
- Experience with protobuf
- Proficiency with Python
- Proficiency with OpenGL or WebGL
- Experience with geometry, routing, or graph theory
- Experience with mapping or GIS systems
- Experience with data/content pipelines (ETL, etc.)
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.