Foster City, CA /
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Sensor Engineering /
Zoox's Advanced Hardware Engineering team is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of sensor technology and the compute platform for our vehicles. We are looking for an optical engineer with experience ranging from optical design to production to join our team.
- Take input from functional requirements and derive corresponding specifications for imaging and illumination systems
- Design and analyze optical systems using sequential and non-sequential optical software (Zemax, FRED, etc.)
- Communicate effectively with peers to derive requirements as well as suppliers to convey optical requirements and manufacturing concerns
- Design relevant lab tests to verify optical performance after receiving components
- BS/MS in optics
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience designing or specifying high-volume production-optical components and systems
- Experience integrating and testing optical systems with detectors, such as CMOS, CCD, APD, and Microbolometer arrays
- Experience with geometric optics, lens design and tolerancing, imaging systems, radiometry, straylight analysis, and laser systems
- Optical component testing experience (Spectral transmission, etc.), optical system alignment and testing (EFL, MTF, etc.), and opto-electrical system modeling
- Detector technology (CMOS, APD, Microbolometer, etc.)
- STOP analysis
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.