Manager, Embedded Software
San Carlos, CA
Engineering – Management
At Zoox, you'll have the opportunity to manage and lead a team with a wide variety of technologies ranging from embedded software development, drivers and FPGA code. The team acts as the interface between the hardware and software teams, that allow us to move quickly, and stay ahead of the competition in the long run.
Our Embedded Software and Firmware Engineers bring their expertise to each project they tackle building embedded software for in-house sensors as well as drivers for all our sensors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical engineering, or comparable STEM field
- Experience managing an engineering team within an agile/start-up environment
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Background in high reliability or high criticality markets, including medical, automotive or aerospace
- 5+ years of software and / or algorithm development
- 3+ years of management experience
- Fluency in C / modern C++11
- Familiarity with FPGA coding or management
- Experience implementing an Agile development process from the ground up
- History supporting both rapid prototype activity and rigorous production ready code
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.