Electrical Design Validation Engineer
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Advanced Hardware
You will be part of the EE design team in Advanced Hardware Engineering and working closely with the circuit design engineers throughout the design cycle of the in-house developed electronics for Zoox’s robots. Your focus will span from defining test plans, designing and running board level signal and power integrity tests for validating the electric design and its margins to feeding the learnings and improvements back into the design. You will use internal and external standards to define appropriate test thresholds and track as well as drive test coverage. You will also be involved in root causing board failures, sometimes leading you deep into the vehicle architecture.
- Strong EE fundamentals in analog/digital design, communications, sensors, power supplies and embedded systems
- A genuine passion for uncovering latent issues and bugs by diagnosing hardware, software, and process issues
- Experience with SI and PI simulation and measurement techniques
- Experience with Gbps or faster serial buses such as GMSL or FPDlink.
- Specific experience simulating and validating DDR memory layouts
- Experience running ESD and EMI tests at external test labs.
- Familiarity with lab equipment, such as: VNA, TDR, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, etc
- Familiarity with OS tools, shell scripting and file system manipulation in both Linux and Windows
- Experience automating testing in heat chambers.
- Experience programming Python and/or C/C++
- Experience with Altium or equivalent PCB CAD package
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.