Systems Engineer - Perception
Foster City, CA
System Design and Mission Assurance – System Design
As a systems engineer at Zoox, you will be working with members of the system design and verification and validation teams to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You are responsible for ensuring these systems are developed within a process that results in end-to-end traceability of both safety targets and product requirements.
- Assess and evaluate Perception System Architectures
- Develop requirements and verification for perception algorithms and systems
- Collaborate with hardware and software engineers to support their activities
- Automate processes for continuously improving results
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- M.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical, or Systems Engineering
- 5+ years experience with Environment perception system with Vision, Lidar, and Radar
- Perception system design experience
- Perception Algorithm design experience
- Perception fusion experience
- Professional machine learning and neural networks experience
- Highly skilled in statistics and probability theory
- Programming skills in C++ and Python
- Familiarity with ISO 21448 and ISO 26262
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.