Senior Engineer - Validation Tools
Foster City, CA /
System Design and Mission Assurance – Verification & Validation /
Zoox is looking for a senior validation tools engineer to join our System Design and Mission Assurance (SDMA) team. In this role, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You will also be responsible for writing software that makes it easier for engineers to write automated firmware fault response tests. This role requires someone passionate about automation by writing layered, modular software using Python and potentially C++.
The ideal candidate has proven experience developing cross-platform software with continuous integration and deployment techniques in a team environment.
- Research and develop software tools for verification, validation, and system development
- Design and implement software for system-level testing of embedded firmware with real-time considerations for a hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) environment
- Design and implement automated test frameworks and architectures for system level HIL benches
- Design an implement automated data analysis frameworks for post processing and reviewing test data
- Lead and own testing architectural framework, mentoring supporting team members in framework development
- Work closely with our Vehicle, Firmware, and Software teams to build cross-functional tools
- BS in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science
- 5+ years of work experience in automotive engineering, aerospace, or related field
- dSPACE Simulink integration of dynamic systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Object-oriented programming experience (Python required)
- Experience building cross-platform software with source control (Git)
- Master's degree in relevant field
- Familiar with communication protocols and tools: Ethernet, CAN, LIN
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (Pytest, robot, etc.), C, C++
- Familiar with Linux Kernel module development
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment systems
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.