Digital Electronics Engineering Intern
Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Electrical Engineering
As a digital electronics engineering intern or co-op, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to develop cutting edge self-driving car technology platforms - including computing systems and sensors - to operate in challenging automotive conditions. You will get the opportunity to work with some of the industry’s top engineers from automotive, robotics and aerospace backgrounds on difficult and exciting electrical problems.
Summer 2019 Internship - Accepting applications through April 1, 2019
For students able to start between May 1 and June 15 of 2019
Minimum of 12 week internship
Bonus pointsKnowledge of schematic capture, and PCB layout tool (Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics, etc.)Experience with circuit simulation tools (LTspice, PSPICE or HyperLynx)At least one previous co-op or internship in Robotics, Aerospace or Automotive companies.
- Work with electrical engineers on digital circuit board design, debug and validation.
- Collaborate with firmware, mechanical and test engineering teams to test, implement and integrate PCB designs into larger systems.
- Perform system level debug to identify issue root cause and implement corrective actions.
What You'll Need
- Candidate for BSEE or BSECE or comparable degree
- Digital bus experience - e.g. I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, USB, Ethernet, etc.
- Hands-on lab experience with equipment such as power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, soldering and rework stations
- At least one previous co-op
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Knowledge of schematic capture, and PCB layout tool (Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics, etc.)
- Experience with circuit simulation tools (LTspice, PSPICE or HyperLynx)
- At least one previous co-op or internship in Robotics, Aerospace or Automotive companies.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.