Software Engineer - Android
Foster City, CA
Software – Rider Platforms
Zoox is looking for a seasoned Android engineer to join the Software Engineering team. The position comes with a high degree of independence and the opportunity to help shape our mobile Android roadmap. Your work will be highly visible, at the forefront of our service rollout. In your development work, and in interactions with infrastructure teams, we will expect you to be essential in establishing practices and interfaces that result in a robust, usable, and secure system: from Rider, to Cloud, to Robot.
- Manage and own the design and implementation of Zoox’s user-facing applications on Android for smart-phone as well as embedded environments.
- You will be expected to set and implement current best practices in mobile development and collaborate with our talented design and product teams on identifying and solving questions about how our users (riders) can access Zoox services in the most efficient and intuitive manner.
- BS / MS in Computer Science or similar degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong background in mobile development on Android
- Deep understanding of Android UI and “backend” mobile development
- Demonstrated experience building high-quality mobile apps from scratch all the way to production and ongoing maintenance
- Proven intuition about usability and skills to back the intuition with data, such as by using AB testing.Verifiable long-term ownership of public-facing applications through multiple releases
- Dynamic, driven and hands-on, yet capable to multitask across functions.
- Experience with mobile testing frameworks and services.
- Experience interfacing with external components defined and maintained by other entities
- Experience with custom/specialized Android devices, AOSPProven leadership in mobile development
- Meaningful contribution and ownership of a highly-popular, heavily downloaded app
- iOS development experience a plus, possible room to grow into a Mobile Development managerial role
- Strong background as a CS generalist.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.