Senior Industrial Designer
Foster City, CA
Product & Experience – Industrial Design
Zoox is looking for a Senior Industrial Designer with experience in automotive concept and production design. You will work with a small team to develop Zoox’s vehicle concept, production and product designs. Our work environment is well suited for individuals who are self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a focus on teamwork and collaboration.
- Create, develop, and present ideas and designs for Zoox
- Use sketching, 2D, and 3D modeling to visualize and present your designs
- Coordinate and guide the development of complex 3D models
- Support concept and production vehicle design and development
- Work closely with executive and cross-functional team members to create your designs
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation or Industrial Design
- 8+ years working in or for an automotive design studio
- Automotive concept and production design experience
- Strong sketching and artistic ability
- Proficiency in Alias or equivalent surfacing program
- Understanding of production automotive development and procedures
- Proactive team player with excellent communication skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.