Senior Thermal Engineer
Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Mechanical Engineering
Our team is responsible for the design, development, and productization of sensor and computer hardware for our autonomous vehicle. We are looking for an innovative self-starter who is excited to work as an exceptional thermal engineer. In this role you will analyze electronic and mechanical assemblies for our custom compute, controls, and sensor systems.
- Define the thermal solution for electronic components and subsystems
- Design mechanical components that incorporate results of thermal analysis
- Analyze and provide design feedback on components designed by team members
- Mentor team members in analytical and simulation techniques
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define requirements and incorporate design feedback
- 7+ years of experience in thermal analysis of electronics
- Experience designing and analyzing passive conduction, forced-air convection and liquid cooled thermal systems
- Proficiency in CFD simulations
- Experience testing thermal systems to validate simulation results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can work independently but isn’t afraid to ask for help from others
- Experience with fatigue analysis due to thermal cycling
- Experience in structural and dynamic analyses
- Background in Automotive or Aerospace Industries
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.