Manager, Electrical Integration Lab
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
As Manager of the EE Systems Integration team, you will lead a team responsible for assuring that electrical, electronic, and mechatronic systems are integrated into systems and tested to assure a maximum of reliability and performance. We foster communication amongst teams and work cross-functionally to deliver robust electrical and electronic systems to Zoox. Our team is collaborative, open and always interested in learning something new. You’ll be part of a passionate team dedicated to making cities safer, smarter and more sustainable.
In the EE Systems Integration Lab, you will work with a team at the cutting edge of integrating our complex electrical systems into autonomous driving machines. You will be the leader responsible for executing the earliest system tests critical to the development of all electrical, electronic and mechatronic systems. Your tools will be our test bucks and robots, and the computers, data acquisition, and fault injection hardware which gives us these valuable insights into our product.
- Lead a team designing, building, and operating complex electrical and electronic test equipment
- Communicate with test requesters to understand test needs, priority, and timing
- Challenge assumptions, status quo, and incomplete requests to assure appropriate utilization of personnel and assets
- Ingest test requests for full electrical testing of autonomous vehicles and plan and schedule test activities
- Lead the configuration of test assets and data acquisition and perform system tests
- Demonstrate effective, closed loop troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical issues
- Produce test reports and issue reports
- Responsible for up-time and efficiency of all EE Systems Integration Lab assets
- BS or higher in electrical/electronics engineering, or equivalent
- 7+ years experience in a labcar, emissions/powertrain dyno, climatic dyno facility, or similar
- Experience executing structured hardware, software or firmware tests
- Experience configuring and using data acquisition equipment
- Experience with CAN or ethernet diagnostic tools
- Able to communicate complex technical issues in simple, definitive and accurate terms
- Automotive labcar experience related to autonomous vehicles
- Experience with CAD software
- Experience diagnosing CAN or ethernet network issues
- Experience with D-space products and software
- Coding capabilities, such as Python or C++
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.