Director, People Operations
Foster City, CA
People Experience – People Operations
The Director of People Ops will be responsible for critical aspects of people management and program implementation across all organizations. We are looking for an experienced People influencer with the ability to build, maintain and refine the Zoox policies, programs and infrastructure that support Zoox’s culture. Total Rewards (comp + ben), L&D, HR Analytics, HR Systems
- Own the delivery and effectiveness of core HR processes and responsibilities across all employee life-cycle activities such as benefits administration, compliance / policy management, immigration, office management, payroll, and 401k administration
- Manage and develop the People Ops and Office Management team members
- Develop and maintain programs for on-boarding, performance management, employee engagement, and professional development
- Proactively and thoughtfully address workplace and employee relations issues on an individual and systematic basis
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment laws and regulations
- Develop and manage thoughtful people policies and practices that fairly balance the interests of all team members and are consistent with the culture of the company
- Drive company-wide initiatives to increase employee satisfaction and productivity
- 10+ years of HR experience including 3+ years of management experience in the tech industry
- Strong HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law matters, employment legislation, and compliance management
- The ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders and to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable as a “hands-on” manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Effective time management and organization skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience is required
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.