Senior Manager, People Operations
Foster City, CA /
People Experience – People Operations /
Zoox is hiring a Senior Manager, People Operations. We are looking for an experienced people leader and influencer with the ability to build, maintain, and refine the policies, programs, and infrastructure (HR Analytics, HR Systems) that support Zoox’s crew. In addition to helping shape the HR strategy and roadmap, this leader will bring expertise in systems, process improvement and data.
- Drive the strategy and implementation of all HR systems, including Workday. Identify and mature the needed tools and functionality to enable people processes, and deliver a positive employee experience for Zoox crew
- Own the delivery and effectiveness of core HR operations and processes, systems of record, and communication protocols with other functions such as Finance, Payroll, Legal, Comms. Also own documentation & system of record protocols around policy management across all employee lifecycle activities
- Develop and manage thoughtful people policies and practices that fairly balance the interests of all team members and are consistent with Zoox's company culture
- Drive the HR Analytics strategy and data insights. Lead the generation of appropriate data metrics across the employee lifecycle, create a plan for tracking and reporting to the HR team and the Leadership team
- Lead the education and implementation of Data-driven Talent strategy
- Co-own with the CPO and the People Leadership team the creation of HR strategy and roadmaps
- Manage and develop the People Ops team members
- Drive and/or support company-wide initiatives to increase employee satisfaction and productivity
- 10+ years of HR experience including 3+ years of management experience in the tech industry
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Strong HR functional expertise with HR technology, HR operations, and implementations, HR systems, Data and Analytics
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work as a “hands-on” manager and willingness to "roll up your sleeves" to get things done
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust-building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required in this role
- Effective time management and organizational skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.