System Validation Engineer - Thermal Systems
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As the system validation engineer, you will support our thermal hardware and software development effort. You will work internally with Zoox engineers and externally with suppliers to assure that Zoox has the right specifications and the right testing procedures and ultimately gets the right parts and performance in the robot.
Our Thermal Systems Engineering team is in charge of designing the custom thermal management systems that heat and cool Zoox’s future fleet of self- driving robots. From solutions for managing temperatures on an integrated circuit to making the cabin environment healthy, fresh and temperature controlled; all are created in-house by our team of dedicated engineers. We need someone who can assist our team to generate the test procedures and to lead the execution of testing which assure the performance of these systems.
- Work with external and in-house test labs and proving grounds to lead testing activities
- Conduct vehicle level environmental tests according to Zoox test plans and test procedures
- Record & analyze data collected during testing
- Conduct vehicle and component inspections after test completion to discover issues generated during testing
- Write test reports to document results of testing and to communicate issues found during testing
- Create “concerns documentation” for corrective action resolution of issues identified during testing
- Drive closure of open issues with assistance of product engineer
- Conduct countermeasure validation testing to approve corrective action resolution
- Review and track supplier component DVP&R’s
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Candidates must have the ability and willingness to travel (Up to 20%)
- Experience in operating data acquisition systems for data collection of vehicle instrumentation with thermal couples, pressure sensors, load cells
- Ability to post process and analyze data using software tools
- Ability to operate and use diagnostic scan tools, scopes, meters, and other test equipment
- Experience with technical documentation in at least 1 full lifecycle vehicle programs to include DVP&R and DFMEA.
- Experience with environmental or climatic testing
- Experience managing projects with tools such as JIRA
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, GT Suite and programming languages such as python
- Ability to manage confidential information
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.