Director of Product
Foster City, CA
Experience – Product Management /
Zoox was founded to make personal transportation safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable—for everyone. To achieve that goal, the team created a whole new form of transportation. Zoox will provide mobility-as-a-service in dense urban environments. We will handle the driving, charging, maintenance, and upgrades for our fleet of vehicles.
We are searching for a Director of Product to lead our Product Management teams, spanning everything from service definition, to the rider experience, to our operational tooling and infrastructure. You’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our organization by defining the product direction and overseeing the entire product lifecycle, while reconciling the product’s current stage of development and complexity with new innovation and a successful launch.
You will be responsible for attracting, growing, retaining talent and fostering an inclusive work environment. You will be expected to inspire and motivate the team to work together as a cohesive and productive unit. Finally, you will need to work closely with engineering partners, executive leadership, and stakeholders to drive organizational alignment.
At Zoox, you’ll find a creative, collaborative environment where great ideas thrive, and where everyone is driven by the same big purpose.
- Attract talent and scale a world-class product team based on established network and experience. Design and evolve the org structure while leading, mentoring, and elevating the skills and capabilities of the team.
- Develop and execute our product strategy, aligning it with the company's vision and objectives. Translate market trends, customer insights, and technology advancements into a compelling product roadmap.
- Oversee the entire product lifecycle from ideation to launch, ensuring successful product delivery within budget and timelines. Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, experience, marketing, and operations to deliver a high-quality, market-leading service.
- Bring discipline and process improvement to the product organization, ensuring best-in-class product management tradecraft to promote scalability, stability, reliability, safety, and continuous innovation in the Zoox vehicle and service.
- Compile and analyze feedback from riders, partners, and the market in general, and develop detailed guidance on core users, their needs, and the long-term value Zoox creates. Build and maintain detailed intelligence on core competitors, including existing players that may be moving into a more competitive stance. Become an expert on both competitive and complementary products and services in the marketplace.
- Be a visible spokesperson and evangelist for Zoox’s product and broader mission.
- 10+ years experience as a senior product leader in reputable technology companies known for fast-paced, rapidly-iterating, product driven cultures. A track record as a top performer throughout his or her career. A record of leading product organizations that deliver innovative and commercially successful results.
- Domain expertise in segments including multi-dimensional complex systems (hardware, software, mechanical, etc.), consumer electronics, connected devices, automotive, autonomous vehicles, and/or mobility. Direct experience in “mobility-as-a-service,” ridesharing, or related is considered a plus; single product portfolio experience is also a positive. A proven product visionary and thought leader; possesses strong opinions on product direction and architecture, and ability to enforce roadmap discipline and release trade-offs. A blend of startup experience and larger organizational scope of responsibility is considered ideal; possesses a startup mentality. Proven experience taking products from concept to delivery and successful commercialization, ideally at meaningful scale. Direct experience in rapid growth environments is highly desirable.
- Disruptive mindset and entrepreneurial spirit, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and the ability to be efficient with limited resources.
- Demonstrable success as a leader, natural leadership qualities. Has the reputation and industry recognition to attract and recruit top product talent.
- Customer focused; obsessive about the end user and demands an experience that users love and promote. Sufficiently technical to be credible with tier-1 engineering teams; ideally “grew up” in engineering.
- Strong executive presence; articulate, charismatic, driven and confident, yet humble and collaborative. Demonstrated competency interacting and influencing effectively at the executive level, with both technical and non-technical executives.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $301,000 to $378,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.