San Carlos, CA
Engineering – Software
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, mechatronics, and computer vision. You will learn new technologies while writing software that directly affects the real world. Working at Zoox gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
Perception is arguably one of the most challenging aspects of building a successful robot. In this role, you will be responsible for writing firmware in support of the Sense and Compute team. This team is responsible for the design and development of Zoox’s sensor technology and compute platform.
- Develop, debug, optimize, review, and test firmware in embedded C or C++ for various embedded platforms
- Develop firmware for high speed signal processing in System Verilog and Bluespec.
- Work with electrical engineers and PCB designers to define the architecture of sensors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical engineering, or related field
- Fluency in C / modern C++11
- Experience with digital logic design using HDL
- Experience with FPGA development tools
- Experience with image/signal processing
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.