Systems Engineer - Functional Safety
Foster City, CA
System Design and Mission Assurance – Systems Engineering - Functional Design & Integration /
As a systems and functional safety engineer at Zoox, you will be working with members of the system safety, hardware and software development teams to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You are responsible for ensuring these systems are developed within a process that results in end-to-end traceability and achievement of both system safety targets and product requirements.
In this role, you will:
- Define and manage functional safety requirements for various vehicle systems, according to industry standards and best practices, which satisfy product and performance requirements, and achieve system safety targets.
- Develop and peer review quantitative and qualitative functional safety analyses including HARA's, FTAs, FMEAs.
- Develop functional safety and technical safety concepts for motion and non-motion systems (e.g. body control, power control, sensor cleaning and active suspension).
- Collaborate with internal hardware/software engineers and/or 3rd party suppliers to ensure system requirements and desired functionality is achieved. Develop and refine internal and external DIA’s. Work with internal and external stakeholders to refine and/or negotiate on requirements to achieve a viable solution.
- Assist other teams with the implementation of systems engineering processes, which can also include cross-functional reviews of requirements and safety analyses.
- B.S. or higher degree in Automotive Engineering, Aerospace, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in the fields of System Safety or Systems Engineering
- Ability to write clear, concise, and verifiable requirements
- Experience with hazard analysis, functional decomposition aligned to standards such as ISO/PAS 21448 and ISO 26262
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Certification against ISO 26262
- Experience with a requirements management tool
- Experience on at least one project across its full development cycle
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $131,000 to $215,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.